|This article is a stub - It needs expansion!|
|You can help Kirby Wiki by editing it.|
|This article needs images|
|You can help by uploading and adding them to the page.|
A Chow Challenge is the 86th episode of Kirby: Right Back at Ya!.
|Spoiler alert: The following section contains plot-specific details.(Skip Section)|
Chef Kawasaki's friend Chef Nagoya comes to town. The two chefs compare the flavor of their cooking, and the Cappies like Nagoya's food more. Kawasaki and Nagoya then get in a fight over who Kawasaki's restaurant should belong to, but then King Dedede comes up with a solution.
He holds a cooking contest to determine who will keep the restaurant and who will leave town. Tiff helps Kawasaki prepare food while Nagoya creates gourmet meals with NME-purchased ingredients. When the dishes are served, however, the lights turn off and Escargoon sabotages Kawasaki's entries with very potent spices. After two blackouts, Chef Nagoya catches on and notices a sabotage occur. Though he's named the winner, he announces that Escargoon cheated, and he uses the spice in one last dish, forcing Dedede to eat it.
Unfortunately, this dish transforms into the monster Ebifryer after the king takes a bite. This monster comes after Kirby and swats him with its large claws. Tiff tosses Kirby a ladle, he inhales it, and becomes Cook Kirby. Ebifryer's own fire breath is the end of him, as Cook Kirby's frying pan reflects it into its face. The monster explodes shortly after.
Chef Nagoya later leaves Cappy Town and lets Kawasaki keep the restaurant.
|End of spoilers|
Changes in the dub
- The kanji on the picture in Chef Kawasaki's was airbrushed out and lefted blank.
- The scene where Chef Kawasaki is looking at Chef Nagoya when he enters the restaurant was shortened in the English dub due to time restraints.
- When Chef Kawasaki and Chef Nagoya are going to hug each other, the shining light on the scenery and the roses were reduced in the English dub for unknown reasons.
- The scene where Chef Nagoya slaps Chef Kawasaki's face in his flashback was removed from the English dub.
- The bag of chips that King Dedede eats labeled "Chips" were airbrushed out.
- The scene where Chef Nagoya takes out his knife and holds it up was removed from the English dub for unknown reasons.
- The word "curry" labeled on the box Chef Kawasaki was holding was airbrushed out.
- The scene where Doctor Yabui checks if King Dedede is ok after eating the second meal was removed from the English dub.
- The scene where doctor Yabui is trying to revive Professor Curio was removed from the English dub.
- The scene where the lights come back on after the third blackout was removed from the English dub.
- The word labeled "winner" on the white banner was airbrushed out.
- A Chow Challenge is one of the two dubbed Kirby: Right Back at Ya! episodes that was considered lost media after its final airing. A recording of it was found and uploaded by the Operation Hoshi no Kaabii YouTube channel on September 26, 2015.
- The other lost episode was Shell-Shocked.