|“||These may appear a short time after the battle begins. Hit them to see what happens!”|
|— Instruction manual description • Kirby: Triple Deluxe|
The Action Star is an item in the Kirby Fighters sub-game in Kirby: Triple Deluxe (as well the downloadable Kirby Fighters Deluxe). It looks like an Assist Star, but instead of containing an item, it is marked with a question mark. When a Kirby attacks the item, it will generally give that player an advantage; however, that is not always the case. Action Stars can also be attacked by the thrown Gordo items and Timed Dynamite. The Action Star's actions are separated into three categories: conditions that affect all Kirbys, conditions that affect all Kirbys except the one that attacked it, and item drops.
If the Action Star is attacked by the Gordo item or Timed Dynamite, all Kirbys receive the effect, as no one Kirby attacked it.
When the Action Star is attacked, one of the following effects occurs at random:
- Gives the Dash Shoe power to all Kirbys.
- Causes all Kirbys to explode, dropping Health to one point.
- Decreases the speed and jump of all the other Kirbys. Kirbys affected will also have a maroon aura around them.
- Gives all the other Kirbys the Sleep Ability temporarily. The Sleep Ability expires after a short time as usual, or when the affected Kirby is hit once.
- Drops a bomb on all the other Kirbys (including any Ghost Kirbys).
- Drops a random Food item. One may occasionally be a Maxim Tomato.
- Drops three Timed Dynamites.