|This article has a conjectural title|
|There is no official information available about its title, so it has been given a fitting one.|
Kirby's Return to Dream Land artwork
|Bandana Waddle Dee|
|First appearance||Kirby Super Star (1996)|
|Latest appearance||Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition (2012)|
|“||Hey, it’s everyone’s idol! Don't let the cute fool you! He’s a brave warrior who may be small, but his spear packs a huge wallop!”|
|— In-game description • Kirby's Return to Dream Land|
Bandana Waddle Dee is the nickname for the unnamed Waddle Dee who wears a blue bandana first seen in Kirby Super Star. In the original game, he only made a brief appearance in Megaton Punch, though the remake extends this appearance to Revenge of the King and takes over the role of Arena Waddle Dee.
The Waddle Dee in Kirby's Return to Dream Land who also wears a blue bandana is simply called Waddle Dee.
Bandana Waddle Dee appears again in Megaton Punch as the first combatant, but his most significant role is in Revenge of the King, a sub-game of Kirby Super Star Ultra, as an advisor to King Dedede. After Kirby defeats everything else King Dedede threw at him, he sent Bandana Waddle Dee against Kirby, much to his dismay, as he knew he stood no chance against Kirby. King Dedede decides to spare him, but he still went ahead regardless, out of loyalty to the King.
He has much higher hitpoints than a regular Waddle Dee, but he doesn't offer much in the way of a threat. Kirby can defeat him with a single inhale, and he gives no copy ability. Later, Bandana Waddle Dee reappears as the sole cheerleader for Masked Dedede when Kirby finally reaches him, waving happily whenever Kirby or his Helper gets hurt. His final appearance is walking beside the King in the sub-game's credits.
Waddle Dee is a playable character in Kirby's Return to Dream Land, controllable by players 2, 3, or 4. He was first revealed in the official trailer, running with King Dedede behind Kirby, who is carrying his Strawberry Shortcake. While simply called "Waddle Dee", he has the appearance of Bandana Waddle Dee and wields a versatile spear, which he can throw, jab with, or perform a charge attack where he twirls it above his head like a helicopter blade, which makes him fly as well. He appears to have a significant role in the storyline, similar to the case in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. Waddle Dee can be used by Player 1 in The Arena and The True Arena after Kirby has beaten each once.
- Bandana Waddle Dee replaces the Arena Waddle Dee in Kirby Super Star Ultra.
- Bandana Waddle Dee is the only boss in Revenge of the King that didn't appear in The True Arena and instead appeared in The Arena.
- Bandana Waddle Dee appears in Kirby Mass Attack, in a sub-game. He is cheering on in the Meta Knight arena, which is odd as they do not interact until Kirby's Return to Dream Land.
- Despite Bandana Waddle Dee being defeated by Kirby earlier in The Revenge, he comes back when Kirby battles Masked Dedede, even after being eaten by Kirby.
- Bandana Waddle Dee is one of the few bosses to help Kirby. The others are Meta Knight, King Dedede, Landia, Dyna Blade, Daroach, and the Lor Starcutter. This does not include the anime.
- The easiest way to defeat Bandana Waddle Dee in Kirby Super Star Ultra is to simply inhale him, because he is like a regular Waddle Dee in every way in the game, however he has more health than an average Waddle Dee.