Kirby's Return to Dream Land artwork
|In the anime||#J51/#E49 - #J57/#E57 - #J78/#E78 - #J84/#E84 - #J85/#E85 - #J100/#E100|
|Appearance||Classic: Blue, floppy cap. In Kirby's Return to Dream Land, he wears a multi-colored party hat.|
|Other Powers||Lights fuses (|
|Regular enemies||Bomb Poppy Bros. Jr., Jungle Bomb, Skud, Pedo, Rockn, Balloon Bomber, Foley, Prank, Bomb Perot|
|Mid-bosses||Poppy Bros. Sr. (|
Bombar's bombs, Doc's bombs, Boxy's bombs
|Bosses||Miracle Matter's bombs (bomb form), Mr. Dooter's bombs, Metal General's missiles, Moley's bombs, Mrs. Moley's bombs, Wiz's bombs, Daroach's bombs, Dark Daroach's bombs|
|Helper||Bomb Poppy Bros. Jr.|
|“||Prep a huge bomb, aim it, and--KA-BOOM! Get above your enemies and boom, boom, boom! Bowl a perfect BOOM!”|
|— Bomb's Flavor text • Kirby's Return to Dream Land|
Being Kirby's most explosive ability after Crash, Bomb allows Kirby to create and utilize an endless supply of old-fashioned grenades for massive damage. Because of the rapid throwing rate, it can overwhelm enemies.
Technically, Bomb first appeared as an item in Kirby's Dream Land, where Kirby could inhale a bomb and fire it back out to damage multiple enemies, but the bomb copy ability first appeared in Kirby Super Star. In most games with ability hats, Bomb Kirby's hat is blue and floppy, similar to that of Poppy Bros. Jr. when he gets this copy ability. In Kirby's Return to Dream Land, he gets a bluish party hat with a red ribbon instead.
|Move||Controls||Description||Element||Damage 19960321||Damage 20111024|
|Ready Bomb||B/1 (not holding bomb)||Kirby makes a bomb. Holding it for too long can hurt Kirby and Helpers around him||None||None||None|
|Throw Bomb||B/1 (while holding bomb)||Kirby throws the bomb. Bombs will explode on contact.||None||16 (both bomb and explosion)||16 (bomb), 26 (explosion only)|
|B/1 next to foe (KRtDL) (near enemy, not holding bomb)||Kirby sets a bomb on an enemy (bosses and undefeated mid-bosses will not be affected by this). The enemy will be stunned until the bomb explodes.||None||26||26|
|Bomb Set||↓ + B/1||Kirby drops a bomb on the ground.||None||16||28|
|Straight Throw / Bomb Bowl||Dash + B/1||Kirby throws a bomb that flies straight, and the bomb is unaffected by gravity.||None||16||32|
|Ready Bomb, Crouch, A||Kirby does a sweep with the bomb in his hand. The bomb will be set on the ground, though it will automatically explode on contact with an enemy.||Fire||N/A||N/A|
Bomb Kirby in the anime retains the same look and attacks as in the games. He can create and throw an unlimited number of bombs at will. He can also create bombs of varying sizes.
In the transformation sequence, Kirby inflates, turns red, and explodes leaving behind Bomb Kirby making a bomb.
The sound made when Kirby creates a bomb is replaced in the 4Kids dub with a new American sound effect made from that original Japanese sound or sounding like it as made by 4Kids.
Bomb, along with Fighter, is the third most frequently used copy ability with six appearances.
- Kirby Takes the Cake (First Use)
- A Half-Baked Battle
- Right Hand Robot
- Mumbies Madness
- A Sunsational Surprise / A Sunsational Puzzle
- Fright to the Finish / Fight to the Finish
|This section is about an unreleased or cancelled game|
Bomb appeared as one of the abilities shown in the trailer of Kirby GCN, having some qualities from previous Kirby games, like Bomb Set for example. The ability has also shown a completely different hat unlike the previous Kirby games, which resembles an orange party hat instead of a blue pointed hat. There was also a new Bomb enemy. He is a tiny creature on a big ball, around the size of a Golem. A similar redesigned hat was introduced in Kirby's Return to Dream Land.
Flavor Texts Edit
|Blast your enemies to bits! Take accurate aim and throw carefully. Your throw will be controlled by Y.|
|Use B to pull out a bomb, and press B again to throw it. Move the +Control Pad to change where to throw it.|
|HOLD! THROW!! BOOM!!|
|Grab a bomb and hold the button to set the throw angle. Toss it and it'll go Ka-BOOM!|
|Prep a huge bomb, aim it, and--KA-BOOM! Get above your enemies and boom, boom, boom! Bowl a perfect BOOM!|
|“||Ever gone bowling with Bombs? Once Kirby gets this ability, you can do it anytime! You can also use expert aim to lob them at any angle.”|
|— Bomb's description • Kirby's Return to Dream Land official site|
- This copy ability's cap, in almost all of the games, is a specific reference to Poppy Bros. Jr.'s and Poppy Bros. Sr.'s attire.
- This copy ability might also be, like Sword Kirby, a reference to Link (with the exception of its appearance in Kirby's Return to Dream Land), because of the hat and the bomb itself. Link uses both swords and bombs in the Legend of Zelda series.
- Even more, in Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby holds, drops, and throws bombs in the exact same manner as Link in A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, and Ocarina of Time.
- Similar to Link, Kirby can also hurt himself with said bombs, but in the latter's case, he can only do so if he is still holding onto one.
- While there are Ice Bombs and Thunder Bombs, there are no Fire Bombs because the regular bomb already has the element of fire.
- In New Super Mario Bros. U , Lemmy Koopa uses bombs with printed stars on them during his battle. These bombs are similar to the ones Bomb Kirby uses in Return to Dream Land.