Kirby's Return to Dream Land artwork
|In the anime||#J51/#E49 - #J57/#E57 - #J78/#E78 - #J84/#E84 - #J85/#E85 - #J100/#E100|
|Appearance||Old: Blue, floppy cap with a white rim and pompom on the end. Bombs are solid black.|
New: Blue party hat with a yellow, a green, and a red star on it, a red ribbon on the top, a large white rim, and a blue, diamond-shaped gem with a yellow rim on the front. Bombs are dark gray-blue with several lighter gray-blue stars on them.
|Other Powers||Lights fuses (|
|Regular enemies||Bomb Poppy Bros. Jr., Jungle Bomb, Skud, Pedo, Rockn, Balloon Bomber, Foley, Prank, Bomb Perot|
|Mid-bosses||Poppy Bros. Sr. (|
Bombar's bombs, Doc's bombs, Boxy's bombs
|Bosses||Miracle Matter's bombs (bomb form), Mr. Dooter's bombs, Metal General's missiles, Moley's bombs, Mrs. Moley's bombs, Wiz's bombs, Daroach's bombs, Dark Daroach's bombs|
|Helper||Bomb Poppy Bros. Jr.|
|“||Prep a huge bomb, aim it, and--KA-BOOM! Get above your enemies and boom, boom, boom! Bowl a perfect BOOM!”|
|— Bomb's Flavor text • Kirby's Return to Dream Land|
Being Kirby's most explosive ability after Crash, the Bomb ability allows Kirby to create and utilize an endless supply of large, black bombs. He can throw them at all angles and toss them like bowling balls in Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Bombs can also pass through spikes in Kirby's Return to Dream Land. The bombs will explode on contact with an enemy or any solid object.
|Move||Controls||Description||Element||Damage 19960321||Damage 20111024|
|Ready Bomb||B/1 (not holding bomb)||
Kirby creates a bomb and holds it.The bomb will explode if held for too long, and will hurt Kirby and Helpers around him.
|Throw Bomb||B/1 (while holding bomb)||Kirby throws the bomb. Bombs will explode on contact.||None||16 (both bomb and explosion)||16 (bomb), 26 (explosion only)|
|B/1 next to foe (KRtDL) (near enemy, not holding bomb)||Kirby sets a bomb on an enemy (bosses and undefeated mid-bosses will not be affected by this). The enemy will be stunned until the bomb explodes.||None||26||26|
|Bomb Set||↓ + B/1||Kirby drops a bomb on the ground in front of him. The bomb explodes after a few seconds.||None||16||28|
|Straight Throw / Bomb Bowl||Dash + B/1||
Kirby throws a bomb that flies straight ahead, and the bomb is unaffected by gravity.
Kirby tosses a bomb along the ground. It will roll a short way before stopping, and exploding a few seconds later.
|Ready Bomb, Crouch, A||Kirby does a sweep with the bomb in his hand. The bomb will be set on the ground, though it will automatically explode on contact with an enemy.||Fire||N/A||N/A|
Bomb Kirby in the anime retains the same look and attacks as in the games. He can create and throw an unlimited number of bombs at will. He can also create bombs of varying sizes.
In the transformation sequence, Kirby cringes, inflates and turns red, then explodes. Bomb Kirby appears from the smoke of the explosion, creates a bomb, and holds it over his head. The sound made when Kirby creates a bomb is replaced in the 4Kids dub.
|Bomb transformation English version|
|Bomb transformation Japanese version|
Bomb, along with Fighter, is the third most frequently used Copy Ability, with six appearances.
- Kirby Takes the Cake (First Use)
- A Half-Baked Battle
- Right Hand Robot
- Mumbies Madness
- A Sunsational Surprise / A Sunsational Puzzle
- Fright to the Finish / Fight to the Finish
|Blast your enemies to bits! Take accurate aim and throw carefully. Your throw will be controlled by Y.|
|Use B to pull out a bomb, and press B again to throw it. Move the +Control Pad to change where to throw it.|
|HOLD! THROW!! BOOM!!|
|Grab a bomb and hold the button to set the throw angle. Toss it and it'll go Ka-BOOM!|
|Prep a huge bomb, aim it, and--KA-BOOM! Get above your enemies and boom, boom, boom! Bowl a perfect BOOM!|
|“||Ever gone bowling with Bombs? Once Kirby gets this ability, you can do it anytime! You can also use expert aim to lob them at any angle.”|
|— Bomb's description • Kirby's Return to Dream Land official site|
- This Copy Ability's cap's original appearance is a specific reference to Poppy Bros. Jr.'s and Poppy Bros. Sr.'s attire.
- This Copy Ability's original appearance might also be, like Sword, a reference to Link, because of the hat and the bomb itself. Link uses both swords and bombs, and wears a floppy cap in the Legend of Zelda series.
- Even more, in Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby holds, drops, and throws bombs in exactly the same manner as Link in A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, and Ocarina of Time.
- Similar to Link, Kirby can also hurt himself with said bombs, but in the latter's case, he can only do so if he is still holding onto one.
- Bomb appeared in the trailer of Kirby GCN, having some qualities from previous Kirby games, like Bomb Set. The ability has also shown a completely different hat unlike the previous Kirby games, which resembles an orange party hat with yellow stars. There was also a new Bomb enemy, which rode on a big ball around the size of a Golem. A similarly redesigned hat (though more "bombastic") was introduced in Kirby's Return to Dream Land, which also redesigned the bombs to have blue star marks.
- While there are Ice Bombs and Thunder Bombs, there are no Fire Bombs because the regular bomb already has the element of fire.
- In New Super Mario Bros. U , Lemmy Koopa uses bombs with printed stars on them during his battle. These bombs are similar to the ones Bomb Kirby's new design uses.