Kirby Super Star Ultra screenshot
|A place in|
|Common enemies||Kirby's Dream Land Main Mode: Bronto Burt, Dizzy, Gordo, Kookler, Parasol, Parasol Waddle Dee, Puffy, Scarfy, Shotzo, Sir Kibble, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo|
Kirby's Dream Land Extra Game: Benny, Blatzy, Boomer, Cawcun, Gordo, Koozer, Parasol, Parasol Waddle Dee, Scarfy, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, Whiskers
Kirby Super Star (Ultra): Blade Knight, Bronto Burt, Lovely, Noddy, Parasol, Poppy Bros. Jr., Rocky, Scarfy, Shotzo, Simirror, Sir Kibble, Tookey, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, Walky
|Mid-bosses||Kracko Jr., Bonkers (optional)|
|“||You won't find a clear path through these softy billowy clouds! By hiding in the clouds, King Dedede's bullies will find a way to surprise you when you least expect it. The boss Kracko is lightning fast. You'll have to keep moving and keep a clear head in order to beat him!”|
|— The Kingdom of Clouds • Kirby's Dream Land Instruction Booklet|
Bubbly Clouds is a recurring level in the Kirby series. It is the fourth level of Kirby's Dream Land and the third of Spring Breeze in Kirby Super Star/Kirby Super Star Ultra. It is visited after Float Islands and before Mt. Dedede. Bubbly Clouds is replaced by Crash Clouds in Revenge of the King.
In Kirby's Epic Yarn, Bubbly Clouds makes a cameo appearance as a type of fabric. The pattern appears to be based closely on the Kirby Super Star Ultra version. In addition, a piano rendition of the theme returns for Dream Land's Cloud Palace.
Bubbly Clouds is a regal area high above the skies of Dream Land. Many puffy, multicolored clouds and beautiful architecture make up the scenery of the level. Kirby even has a full view of Dream Land's galaxy at later points in the level. The level also has many spike traps in it, making Parasol quite useful. Near the end of the level, Kirby may enter the moon to heal (and fight a mid-boss in Spring Breeze) right before the boss battle. In the last level of Kirby's Adventure and its remake (a mini rendition of Kirby's Dream Land) Kirby can enter the moon once more. This time however, a secret switch is found for Kirby to activate. Kracko is the boss of Bubbly Clouds, and Kracko Jr. (his weaker form) is fought as a mid-boss.
In terms of enemies, Bubbly Clouds has many airborne enemies like Bronto Burts and enemies wielding Parasols. In Kirby's Dream Land, Two Faces and Dizzys also appear, and in Spring Breeze many bird-like foes including Tookeys and Twizzys appear.
|The following section contains transcluded content from the Database. Source: (view • edit • help)|
|Theme - Bubbly Clouds|
Bubbly Clouds' name is derived from bubbly, which can either refer to an informal term for Champagne or sparkling wine, or simply something full of or producing bubbles.
|“||By the time Kirby reaches Bubbly Clouds, he should be an ace flyer and air-blast marksman. The flying enemies in this stage can give Kirby troubles, but this, I believe, is the point which all enemies try to convey. There are two hidden 1-Ups in this stage. They can be extremely helpful to a Dream Lander who is running low on lives. Explore every nook and cranny in the clouds and corridors to find hidden passageways leading to 1-Ups. Find one 1-Up before and one 1-Up after the first confrontation with Kracko.”|
|— Description • Nintendo Power (Volume #39)|
- The music for Bubbly Clouds has been reused and/or remixed in later Kirby games:
- A slightly altered version of the music is used for Kracko Land in Kirby's Pinball Land.
- The music was reused for Levels 1-3, 2-3, 5-3 and 7-2 in Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble.
- A remix of the music is used for Tiny Town in Kirby: Canvas Curse.
- A remix of the music is used for Cloud Palace in Kirby's Epic Yarn.
- A remix of the music is used for the main menu of Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition.
- A remix of the music plays during stage results in Kirby: Planet Robobot.
- In Kirby: Triple Deluxe's Kirby Fighters sub-game, Bubbly Clouds appears as a stage. The stage's appearance is based off of Bubbly Clouds' appearance in Kirby Super Star/Kirby Super Star Ultra. This stage reappears in Kirby Fighters Deluxe.
- Scenery from Bubbly Clouds is used as a backdrop for Kirby Super Star Ultra-themed badge catchers and badge albums in Nintendo Badge Arcade.