Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land screenshot
|A place in|
|Bosses||Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright (fought simultaneously)|
|Common enemies||Axe Knight, Blade Knight, Bomber, Bounder, Bronto Burt, Broom Hatter, Chilly, Coner, Cool Spook, Flamer, Gip, Glunk, Gordo, Hot Head, Javelin Knight, Kabu, Laser Ball, Mace Knight, Needlous, Parasol, Parasol Waddle Dee, Pengi, Poppy Bros. Jr., Rocky, Scarfy, Shotzo, Sir Kibble, Sir Slippy, Sparky, Starman, Sword Knight, Togezo, Twizzy, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, Wheelie|
|Mid-bosses||Mr. Tick-Tock, Grand Wheelie, Bugzzy, Bonkers|
|“||It's a long and adventurous climb to the top of the Butter Building tower! Your reward is a challenging battle against two of Dedede's toughest baddies on the top floor!”|
|— Instruction manual description • Kirby's Adventure|
In Kirby's Epic Yarn, Butter Building makes a cameo appearance as a type of fabric inspired from the view from the top of the building. While the pattern seems to be original, it seems to be based on the original NES version, which had a similar background in certain levels. In addition, a piano rendition of the theme returns for Patch Land's Tempest Towers.
Kirby is seen casually strolling across one of the high-up parts of the tower. Just then, a Poppy Bros. Sr. comes along and knocks him to the edge of the platform. As Kirby struggles to get back up, the Poppy Bros. Sr. throws a bomb on his head and hops away. The bomb detonates seconds later.
This intro is almost the same in Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, the only difference being that Kirby frantically looks around puzzled before the bomb goes off, whereas the original had Kirby slowly turn upwards before it's too late.
Butter Building consists of six normal stages. It is a large, tall tower reaching up very high through the sky. It is constructed in the middle of a forest clearing and is a huge cylindrical burgundy and yellow building. Kirby starts off at the base of the tower and must work his way up to the very top. In the remake of Kirby's Adventure, the building is changed from a grand, gilded castle to a ruined, crumbling tower. In Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land the building has small, unfinished towers at its base, and there are holes covered with wire grating on the decaying walls, signifying that the tower was never fully built or is now falling apart. At the very top of the tower, Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright await Kirby.
Its level hub has every sub-game in the game. It has a Crane Fever room (replaced by a Bomb Rally room in the remake), an Egg Catcher room (replaced with an Air Grind room), and a Quick Draw room. It also has a Museum featuring Starman, and an Arena featuring Grand Wheelie.
There are two Switches found in Butter Building:
- Stage 1: A couple of rooms after Mr. Tick-Tock, it should be in plain sight. Head down the pit to the right and destroy the Star Blocks obscuring a door. Activate the Bomb Block chain, revealing another door.
- Stage 6: Outside of the tower, there are many platforms (clouds in Kirby's Adventure). Climb up until a cluster of Star Blocks on the tower is visible. Break them to reveal a door. Activate the Bomb Block chain, but act quickly in order to reach the door.
|The following section contains transcluded content from the Database. Source: (view • edit • help)|
|Theme - Butter Building|
- The name "Butter Building" likely comes from the structure's yellow color in the original game. This is untrue in the remake, because it is now purple and maroon rather than bright yellow.
- In Kirby's Adventure, Butter Building had some stages where Kirby would stand outside of the building and walk around it, making it appear almost 3D. In the remake, it was replaced by the standard level layout instead of the 3D-like feature.
- Nightmare's theme (wizard form) sounds somewhat similar Butter Building's theme; it may be a remix of that music.
- A fast remix of Butter Building's theme is used for the Crane Fever sub-game (when the handle is moving).
- A remix of Butter Building's theme is used for Stage 2 of Shiver Star in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards and Silent Seabed in Kirby: Canvas Curse. The former's remixed version was reused in Resolution Road's EX Stage in Kirby: Planet Robobot.
- Butter Building's theme from Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land is used for certain stages in Kirby: Squeak Squad.
- A small portion of Butter Building's music was used in the opening theme of Super Smash Bros. Melee.
- The music that plays in this level later appeared as a medley in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- Butter Building appears as a stage in Kirby Fighters Deluxe. Starmen, Bronto Burts, and Laser Balls act as stage hazards. UFO Kirby also appears and drops food, or very rarely a Bomber, an item that is otherwise multiplayer exclusive.