|“||This is the revolution of Dreamland television, Channel D...D...D!”|
At first, this television channel seemed to be just normal, it soon became clear what its real purpose was. Dedede and Escargoon presented an elaborate ruse that made everybody in Cappy Town believe that a monster was attacking Dream Land, when it was really just Escargoon in a costume. The citizens of Cappy Town were literally hypnotized, and caused all of the residents to attack Kirby, constantly uttering the phrase "Kirby must go away!". Even Kirby was hypnotized for a few moments.
In many more episodes after its debut, Channel DDD was used for some other purposes, such as news articles. However, these always seem to make Dedede look like a great guy or making Kirby and/or Escargoon look bad except for one instance where Dedede was accidentally hit by a giant pie, which made him look funny. Some shows Dedede makes are quite important to the episode.
This is a list of shows that King Dedede airs throughout the series. Only the ones that play a role in certain episodes are documented.
- Kirby and the King
- DDD News
- Dedede Undercover ( in Japanese)
- DDD Special Toothpaste commercial (briefly)
- Dedede Coming at Ya!
- Dedede's One Minute Cooking
- Pie Justice
- Millions for a Meal
- The Kirby Quiz Challenge
- What's my Fortune?
- Cappy Town Undercover
- King Dedede finds all of the comedy shows to be very funny, even though he himself thought them up. The majority of these comedies seem to be spoofs of superheroes or celebrities. All others involve Escargoon being called stupid and/or being attacked by Dedede.
- The one that watches Channel DDD the least is Tiff, because she thinks television is stupid.
- Most of the time, she only watches it against her will, as it's the only channel existed in Dream Land, and she often gets distracted by it when it shows up on TV.
- However, she at least enjoys it once in a while.
- Apart from Dedede himself, the resident of Dream Land that watches Channel DDD the most is Kirby.