|First appearance||Kirby: Right Back at Ya! (The Meal Moocher)|
|Category||Kirby: Right Back at Ya!|
Crab is a giant crustacean monster appearing in the episode The Meal Moocher that King Dedede orders to fill his demanding appetite. He had a hankering for crab ever since he wasn't able to fully enjoy Bookem's and Buttercup's delicious crab meal (Escargoon ruined it by dousing it with extensive amounts of pepper). So naturally Dedede turns to Nightmare Enterprises. He orders Crab expecting a meal, but gets a temperamental monster instead! Kirby, who is dreadfully hungry gets mixed in to the whole ordeal when Crab attacks. Crab chases Kirby, Dedede, and Escargoon all around the castle. Tiff and Tuff rush off to help when they see that he's in trouble. Crab takes Dedede by the robe and chops off the base of it, making him frantic. Tiff throws a frying pan at Kirby, who catches it, to help Dedede. Kirby swallows the pan and becomes Cook Kirby. He then frees Dedede and tosses the pan onto the NME teleporter. Crab squishes Kirby, but Kirby lifts the crustacean and chucks him towards the pan. Crab falls onto the pan where a rush of hot water boils the monster and quickly destroys him, turning his shell a bright red.
Crab is a giant green crab that can only walk sideways. He has a hard, green, metallic carapace with two small horns. He has four metal limbs with orangle joints and large blue feet, as well as a sharp pair of white buckteeth. Like normal crabs, Crab's shell turns a very bright red after being boiled alive by Cook Kirby.
- This is the only monster that King Dedede ordered for the purpose of eating.
- Crab is one of the only monsters to have a one-syllable name. The others are Mole, Dirk, Kirk, and Smirk.
- Crab is one of the few monsters that wasn't ordered by Dedede specifically to destroy Kirby. Others include Domestic Servant Robot, Honker Stomper, and others.
- Unusually, Dedede pleads for Kirby's help when being attacked by Crab.
- Crab is one of the few Demons Beasts that does not explode when killed. Others include Popon, Hardy, and more.
- Crab's name (obviously) is named after the marine animal.