|This article is about the enemy in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror. For the similarly-named enemy in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, see Drop. For the similarly-named enemy in Kirby's Epic Yarn, see Dropso.|
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror artwork
|Copy Ability||None (or the ability it stole from Kirby, if it has)|
Droppy is an enemy from Kirby & The Amazing Mirror. It is a small, yellow creature that can inhale and swallow like Kirby, and it also has its own method of copying abilities. If Kirby gets too close to a Droppy, it steals the Copy Ability that Kirby currently has, then transforms into a faster and pink version of an enemy that gives that power when Kirby swallows it. If Droppy steals a Copy Ability that can only be obtained from a mid-boss (like Hammer) or Master, it won't transform into that mid-boss (or transform into a completely different enemy at all). Instead, it will simply change its color to red and start running around very quickly. Note that the same thing happens when Droppy steals the Parasol ability.
By eating the transformed Droppy, Kirby gets the Copy Ability that the Droppy stole back. Droppys that haven't transformed carry no ability.
Droppy's transformationsThis article lists the enemies that Droppy can transform into and how its behavior differ from the real enemies:
- Beam = Waddle Doo: Runs faster, jumps farther, and attacks faster.
- Bomb = Foley: Unchanged.
- Burning = Flamer: Moves faster.
- Fighter = Boxin: Uses the upward punch attack more often.
- Sword = Sword Knight: Unchanged.
- Missile = Bang-Bang: Unchanged.
- Cutter = Sir Kibble: Walks and throws boomerangs more often.
- Spark = Sparky: Unchanged.
- Fire = Hot Head: Attacks more often and faster.
- UFO = UFO enemy: Chases Kirby more often.
- Crash = Bomber: Unchanged.
- Mini = Minny: Unchanged.
- Laser = Laser Ball: Shoots more lasers.
- Tornado = Twister: Flees the scene more often.
- Wheel = Wheelie: Moves faster.
- Cupid = Cupie: Shoots arrows very quickly, arrows can go through soft platforms, and flies away after a while.
- Stone = Rocky: Walks a bit faster.
- Ice = Pengi: Attacks Kirby more often.
- Cook = Cookin: Walks around rather than standing in one spot, throws its pan farther, and the pan no longer catches Kirby.
- Sleep = Noddy: Walks faster and sleeps shorter.
- Master/Hammer/Parasol/Smash/Throw/Magic = Droppy (red): Runs around fast.
Droppy is a portmanteau of drop (describing its shape) and copy (describing its ability).
- Droppy is a bit similar to Tac (from Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra). Both Droppy and Tac will try to steal Kirby's Copy Ability, though what they do with that Copy Ability is different. Droppy will use the stolen ability as its own, whereas Tac will try to flee the scene and fly off-screen to get away with the theft.
- If Droppy is defeated, the ability it took from Kirby goes with it.