Kirby: Canvas Curse artwork
|First appearance||Kirby's Adventure (1993)|
|Latest appearance||Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition (2012)|
|Copy ability||Burning, Fire (Kirby: Squeak Squad and Kirby's Return to Dream Land only)|
|“||Approaching this spinner causes it to erupt into flames. I warned you!”|
|— Flamer's Cast Description • Kirby's Epic Yarn|
Flamer is a Kirby series enemy that resembles an eyeball. It gives Kirby Burning (or in Kirby: Squeak Squad and Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Fire). Flamers cling to and move along floors, walls, and ceilings. When they see Kirby or when attacked however, they leap into the air spinning, eject flames from their sides and leave a fiery trail behind them. Once they do that, flamers continue in the direction they are moving and pass through walls until they move out of the screen. They first appeared in Kirby's Adventure, then its remake (Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land), and most of the following games. In Kirby's Epic Yarn, Flamers ignite when Kirby gets too close, but never leave the surface they cling to, and stop burning when Kirby moves away, however, if they are hit with the yarn whip, they charge after Kirby.
Flamer is a red, spherical creature with a single black, shining, eyeball lined in white. It has four knobs, usually maroon or a darker color of itself, on its sides to expel fire. While spinning, it sheathes itself in flames and becomes a flaming comet aimed at Kirby, hence the name "Flamer". It can also be colored green, blue, or orange.
- Kirby's Adventure (debut)
- Kirby's Dream Course
- Kirby's Dream Land 2
- Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (remake of Kirby's Adventure)
- Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
- Kirby: Canvas Curse
- Kirby: Squeak Squad
- Kirby's Epic Yarn
- Kirby Mass Attack (in the sub-game Strato Patrol EOS)
- Kirby's Return to Dream Land
- Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition (latest appearance)
- Flamer's eye is similar to a Waddle Doo's.
- The Glire, Glice, and Glunder enemies from Super Smash Bros. Brawl are similar in function to the Flamer. They are creatures with an eye in the center that also roll over surfaces, often seeming to defy gravity, by going over the underside of platforms and up walls. If a player character gets too close, depending on the type of Glire, they will shoot out fire, ice, or electricity, respectively.