|This article is about the planet in Milky Way Wishes. For the enemy in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, see Flora. For the group of islands in Kirby: Triple Deluxe, see Floralia.|
The Grass Planet Floria is the flower star of the nearby galaxy in Milky Way Wishes, a sub-game in Kirby Super Star (and its remake, Kirby Super Star Ultra). Of the Milky Way Wishes locations, it's the closest to Planet Popstar and precedes Aquarius. It is shaped in such a way for the four seasons of the star to be in constant change, and it is this difference that Kirby must use to get through the level. From afar, it seems that only Floria's northern hemisphere is habitable, or the only place where plant life chooses to grow.
As a level, the stage is very different from every other part of Kirby Super Star. The entire place is only one very long room. However, if Kirby enters a door, he will re-enter the stage in the exact location, but the season in Floria will have changed. The level is a giant puzzle where Kirby must make use of Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter to advance further into the stage, as well as finding the Copy Essence Deluxes.
Due to the way copying abilities works in Milky Way Wishes, abilities can only be obtained from enemies using the Copy ability provided by the Copy Copy Essence Deluxe (though there are a few exceptions).
Copy Essence Deluxes
- Ice: Go to the left during wintertime. There is a door.
- Fighter: Go to the water pool. Change the season to winter (destroy the ice) or summer (water is evaporated) and enter the door.
- Cutter: After discovering the snow blocking the way, change the season to summer. Enter the door in the nearby tree.
Floria's name comes from the Latin root flōr, meaning flower.
- In Star Fox Zero — The Battle Begins, Slippy Toad reads a Nintendo Magazine. The name Floria appears on the magazine's cover, alongside Aqualiss, Mecheye, and Halfmoon. These are direct references to four of the planets in Kirby Super Star's Milky Way Wishes sub-game.
- The idea of when the player enters a door and the season changes was later reused in certain stages of The Subspace Emissary in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but they switch between day and night instead of the four seasons, and they had to go through a door with an arrow pointing up or down.
- This is the only planet in Milky Way Wishes aside from ??? that doesn't have a mid-boss.
- Kirby can go to the fight with Twin Woods during either Autumn or Winter. However, Twin Woods always has a Summer theme in Kirby Super Star or Autumn theme in Kirby Super Star Ultra.
- Extra Planet α, a stage in Kirby Star Allies, features a similar gimmick to Floria; that is, entering doors to change the time of day, which also changes the environment.