Kirby: Triple Deluxe artwork
|Enemy Info card number||#18|
|“||Plant-like creatures, Glunks are found on the ground or on the ceilings of caves. They each fire a pod at Kirby as he passes. Run by them to easily avoid the pods.”|
|— Description • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards Official Strategy Guide (Prima)|
Glunk is a common enemy in the Kirby series that is, in appearance, based off of a sea anemone. It stays in place most of the time but sometimes fires projectiles or water into the air. Glunk gives no Copy Ability, because it is usually found underwater; however, Glunks may also occasionally be found out of water. They are commonly found in narrow underwater tunnels.
Glunk is one of the few enemies tolerable to water.
- In Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby's Dream Land 2 and Kirby's Dream Land 3, Glunks may be found attached to ceilings. In Kirby's Dream Land, they will fall from ceilings after Kirby approaches them.
- In Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, four Glunks appear in a mid-boss battle against a giant Blowfish in the fourth stage of Aqua Star.
- In Kirby: Canvas Curse, Glunk is drawn in Paint Panic.
- Glunk's name is an onomatopoeia for the sound of an object sinking to the bottom of a body of water.
- Glunks vaguely resemble bubble-tip anemones, as they are both orange or green. The bubble-tipped tentacles of said creature may also be the inspiration for Glunk's form of attack.
- In the The Legendary Starfy series, there appears an enemy of the same name that features similarities to the enemy of the Kirby games (such as having a comparable color and stature). Despite the two enemies' similarities, however, they do not bear any other resemblances to one another whatsoever.
- In Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, it is possible to inhale a Glunk's projectiles and use them as ammunition.
- Both the Prima and BradyGames strategy guides for Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards are flawed; the Prima guide describes Glunk as a plant-like creature, while the BradyGames guide describes Glunk as an urchin.
- In Kirby Super Star, Glunk's projectiles can be reflected with the Mirror ability.