Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land screenshot
|A place in|
|Theme||Cloudy sky, castles, and blimps|
|Common enemies||Axe Knight, Blade Knight, Blipper, Bomber, Bounder, Bronto Burt, Broom Hatter, Bubbles, Cappy, Chilly, Coner, Cool Spook, Flamer, Gip, Glunk, Gordo, Hot Head, Javelin Knight, Kabu, Laser Ball, Mace Knight, Needlous, Noddy, Parasol, Parasol Waddle Dee, Poppy Bros. Jr., Rocky, Scarfy, Shotzo, Sir Kibble, Sir Slippy, Sparky, Squishy, Starman, Sword Knight, Togezo, Trident Knight, Twister, Twizzy, UFO, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, Wheelie|
|Mid-bosses||Poppy Bros. Sr. (Two fought simultaneously), Rolling Turtle/Phan Phan, Mr. Tick-Tock|
|“||From the top of the Butter Building, you can reach the huge Grape Garden in the clouds. High-flying action is the order of the day, as the enemies here are accustomed to aerial attacks from their lives in the pleasant, fluffy clouds.”|
|— Instruction manual description • Kirby's Adventure|
Kirby floats in the breeze while carrying three balloons. As the wind picks up he loses grip of one of the balloons and tries to grab it back. But by doing so he accidentally lets go of another one. Kirby's weight is too much for the one balloon, and the other two have already floated away. Kirby loses his grip once again and he crashes face-first down in the clouds below.
The intro is the same in both versions of the game, but in Kirby's Adventure, the balloons were all red-orange.
Grape Garden is a peaceful area located high above in Dream Land's skies. It is a fair-weathered area filled with puffy and billowy clouds. It is also made up of many fantastic castles and is often visited by large airships and blimps passing through the area. The wind here is generally peaceful, but the wind around the airships is very turbulent. Deep below Grape Garden is a dark forest. It is also alluded to in Revenge of Meta Knight, where Meta Knight orders the Halberd's crew to fly to Grape Garden for a quick test run. The boss of Grape Garden is Kracko.
Grape Garden has a total of six stages in addition to a Crane Fever room (replaced by a Bomb Rally room in the remake), and a Quick Draw room. It also has a Museum featuring Noddy and Bubbles, and an Arena featuring Bugzzy.
There are three Switches in Grape Garden:
- Stage 1: After the room with UFOs, there are many Star Blocks. In a section of this room, the Star Blocks alternate in a checkered pattern. One of them is out of place. Destroy the Star Block and press up to go into a hidden door (Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land has a red marking where the hidden door is).
- Stage 3: In the airship section, navigate to the bottom right area of the room. There is a door on the last airship.
- Stage 6: In the dark room, obtain Light. Use it, then backtrack. A door should be revealed. The door can still be entered without Light, but Light makes it easier.
|The following section contains transcluded content from the Database. Source: (view • edit • help)|
|Theme - Grape Garden|
- The intro to Grape Garden's music was reused as the intro to Rainbow Resort's music.
- A remix of Grape Garden's music is used as the music for Contrast Cave in Kirby: Canvas Curse, Stages 3 and 4 of Nutty Noon and the Rest Area of The Arena in Kirby's Return to Dream Land, the EX Stage of Old Odyssey in Kirby: Triple Deluxe (which uses the version from Kirby's Return to Dream Land), and the music that plays during the staff roll of the Theater in Kirby: Planet Robobot.