Halfmoon has two parts: One half having strong winds and chaos, and the other half being covered in stars.
The chaos is the first half of the star. Those floors have high winds and fierce enemies that are either powerful or can fly. The other half is made of space-like objects, such as stars and comets. In the first room of this part, Kirby must ride a Mine Cart to destroy the stakes.
Due to the way copying abilities works in Milky Way Wishes, abilities can only be obtained from enemies using the Copy ability provided by the Copy Copy Essence Deluxe (though there are a few exceptions). Some Copy Abilities can only be found via Copy Essence if Kirby attempts to battle Computer Virus without a Copy Ability.
- Mirror: In the room with Mine carts, destroy the Star Block near the bottom. Enter the door below it.
- Ninja: In the windy room, activate the Bomb Block chain. Enter the door.
- In Star Fox Zero — The Battle Begins, Slippy Toad reads a Nintendo Magazine. The name Halfmoon appears on the magazine's cover, alongside Floria, Aqualiss, and Mecheye. These are direct references to four of the planets in Kirby Super Star’s Milky Way Wishes sub-game.
- Halfmoon can also be seen in Far-Flung - Starlight Heroes in Kirby Star Allies on rare occasions.
- In Kirby Star Allies, when playing the Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go! sub-game as Marx, some stage layout in Level 5 is changed to reflect Halfmoon from Kirby Super Star.