Kirby's Dream Land 3 screenshot
|A place in|
|Bosses||Dark Matter, 0|
Hyper Zone is a black, cloud-like void that appeared in the skies of Planet Popstar during Kirby's Dream Land 3. Its mysterious arms spread to the five corners of the planet, scattering its dark influence throughout Dream Land. It is the hidden final level where Kirby fights Dark Matter and 0 if he collected all the Heart Stars and defeated each previous boss.
On the outside, Hyper Zone appears as a massive black cloud with a vaguely-defined central sphere shape. It can spit smaller yet longer tentacle-like clouds to expand its reach, which causes ill effects on living things. It reveals an ominous red eye with a black pupil (most likely 0) in the introductory illustration.
Hyper Zone's inner environment resembles a big, blue oblivion composed of dark oval splotches sailing through it. In comparison, its counterpart Dark Star in Kirby's Dream Land 3's sequel, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, appears as a red oblivion with ribbons of Dark Matter-esque energy.
All the collected Heart Stars coalesce and form the Love-Love Stick. Kirby grabs it and flies into the ominous space above while everyone watches from below.
|The following section contains transcluded content from the Database. Source: (view • edit • help)|
- If Iceberg is cleared without collecting every Heart Star, the bad ending sequence will play after King Dedede's defeat, the outcome of which leaves the hovering malevolent force unresolved.
- Hyper Zone is thought to be named after an SNES shooter, also developed by HAL Laboratory, which uses the name as the final level and Ripple Field as one of the levels, as well as Grass Land.
- The blobs in the background move faster with each fight, starting quite slow with Dark Matter, faster with 0, and extremely fast with 0's eye.
- In Boss Butch, Hyper Zone takes on a yellow coloration instead of blue, with blue and red blobs instead of black blobs sailing through it.
- The Hyper Zone has a great similarity to Dark Matter as depicted in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, where its sheer size as a giant cloud mass is shown to nearly eclipse Ripple Star. However, the antagonistic cloud of Kirby's Dream Land 3 was never stated to be Dark Matter itself.
- A heavy remix of Hyper Zone's music is used as one of the tunes during the first phase of Magolor's theme in Kirby's Return to Dream Land.