|“||Burrr...it's cold! Don't give up. You're almost to the end!”|
|— Instruction manual description • Kirby's Dream Land 3|
Iceberg is the fourth level in Kirby's Dream Land 2, preceding Red Canyon, as well as the fifth level in Kirby's Dream Land 3, It is the second-to-last level, only preceding Hyper Zone. Iceberg is one of the many levels that takes place in a cold climate region of Dream Land.
Iceberg is a glacial valley in the far reaches of Dream Land. It has a lot of caverns, one of which is inhabited by Ice Dragon. Although generally cold, Iceberg features a lava cave in Kirby's Dream Land 3. Metroids tend to inhabit this cave because they are weak to the cold.
Iceberg has two bosses; in Kirby's Dream Land 2, it is the Ice Dragon. In Kirby's Dream Land 3 it is the possessed King Dedede.
Kirby is faced with a choice: Swim through the icy waters with Kine, or trek across the frozen land with Rick. Kirby, who is shivering and sneezing from the cold, chooses to go with Rick because of his warm fur, thus breaking Kine's heart. Kirby rides off, kindly waving farewell to Kine.
Found in Stage 4, Burning and Kine (obtained in Stage 3) are required to obtain this Rainbow Drop. There is a chance that Efreeti will grant Kine as an Animal Friend, but it is rare. The second room is auto-scrolling, so Kirby will have to be careful. Kirby can use Burning from Efreeti or wait until the end of the room to swallow a Flamer (the latter of which is easier). Go to the left or right in the area with the Elemental Blocks. Destroy the Elemental Blocks in the middle, not the ones on the left or right concealing 1UPs. Go underwater. In order to destroy the Star Blocks, go to the sides, let go of Burning, inhale a Star Block, spit it out, and then inhale and swallow the ability star. Do this again so Kine can fit through and go against the water current. Use Burning to destroy the Elemental Blocks.
Kirby, Nago and ChuChu are attempting to make a snowman. Nago rolls a snowball over. Kirby and ChuChu look at the snowball, and ChuChu pats it with her tentacle in delight. Nago rolls a second snowball and puts it on top of the first one. The three friends leave. Gooey and Pitch come along. Pitch lands on the second snowball, accidentally knocking it over and causing it to fall on Gooey in the process, trapping him inside it. Pitch quickly flies away. Kirby and ChuChu come back with a hat, while Nago comes back with a shovel. ChuChu, unaware that Gooey is inside the second snowball, puts the second snowball back on top of the first one, then she puts the hat on. Gooey then takes this opportunity to stick his eyes and tongue out, startling the Nago and ChuChu (Kirby is too content by ChuChu's presence to notice).
- Defrost the Kogoesoues
- Freeze all the Metroids
- Guess which Gordo imitated Chef Kawasaki's sound
- Find the shell of Nametsumuri
- Bring Nago to Shiiro
- Find Angel's feathers
|The following section contains transcluded content from the Database. Source: (view • edit • help)|
|“||Kirby's enemies are determined to put him on ice! The mazes get a bit more complex in this stage, with a few clever puzzles thrown in for good measure. Look for hidden items.”|
|— Description • Nintendo Power (Volume #72)|
- The instruction manual of Kirby's Dream Land 2 misspells the name, "Ice Berg."
- While Dedede's icy fortress displays his distinctive color palette, the tower features Zero's lone red eye, subtly indicating that the King, as well as his army has fallen under the influence of Dark Matter.
- A remix of the music that plays in Stage 6 is used as one of the tunes for Stage 3 of Planet Pop Star in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, with another theme (which plays in the Animal Friend rooms) from Kirby's Dream Land 3.
- In Kirby's Return to Dream Land's The True Arena, once the Final Five is reached, the rest area's music becomes a remix of Iceberg's map music from Kirby's Dream Land 3.
- The music that plays in Stage 6 was remixed as one of the tunes for Stage 4 of Egg Engines in the same game.