Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kirby: Right Back at Ya! screenshot
|In Games||Kirby Quest cameo|
|In the anime||#J101/-|
|Type||Weaponry / Transformational / Elemental|
|Appearance||A Yamabushi monk's outfit and pilgrim's cap with a long rod|
|Other Powers||Powerful illusory skills, fires lasers from forehead and rod, uses rod to smack enemies|
|“||A ninja blessed with magical powers passed on from generations before!”|
|— Tiff • Kirby 3D|
Kabuki makes a surprise appearance as one of Kirby's attacks in Kirby Quest, a sub-game in Kirby Mass Attack. This makes it the first anime-exclusive ability to crossover into the game series, debuting before Water Kirby. However, this ability has yet to appear as a Copy Ability in the main game of a Kirby title.
Kabuki Kirby at first appears to have fully transformed into a glowing human Kabuki character on his Warp Star. In actuality, this is simply an illusion and Kirby is merely imitating that appearance; his true form is shown when he destroys Lobzilla. Kabuki Kirby is dressed in a warrior-monk's outfit and hat and carries a rod to smack enemies with. He has a brief reappearance in the ending scene of the short.
- In his "human form", he seems to wear Kabuki eye paint in line with Kabuki cultural practice.
- Kabuki is a form of Japanese Classical Drama
- Kabuki Kirby is supposed to resemble the warrior-monk (of the Yamabushi sect) Benkei, the main character of the play, Kanjincho. More information about the play: https://www.kabuki21.com/kanjincho.php
- In the Kirby: Right Back At Ya! short, when the Kirby's illusion rushes at Lobzilla and waves his hand, he imitates the tobi roppo (flying exit), a stage exit Benkei uses to end the play.
- His attire is slightly similar to Freeze Kirby's appearance in Kirby Air Ride and Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land.