Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it can not be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into administrators or bureaucrats on their own wiki, or remove the "administrator" rank from a user.
Who are this wiki's administrators?
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat.
The following users have requested adminship AND bureaucratship (with an addition of rollback, maybe) by asking this wiki's former founder, Max2 (who no longer has those powers due to inactivity) or another Bureaucrat:
- Blue Ninjakoopa (talk·blog·contributions·logs)
- Gamefreak75 (talk·blog·contributions·logs)
- Starman125 (talk·blog·contributions·logs)
The following users were granted administrative powers (along with rollback, maybe) by a bureaucrat, after showing many contributions:
- Changtau2005 (talk·blog·contributions·logs)
- Timson622222 (talk·blog·contributions·logs)
- NerdyBoutKirby (talk·blog·contributions·logs)
For a complete list of users with administrator access, click here.
How do I use administrator powers?
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administrator
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. On larger Wikias, there will usually be a community page for requests, with a page name such as "Kirby Wiki:Requests for adminship". On a smaller wiki, you may simply ask on the community portal or ask a bureaucrat directly on his or her talk page.
If there are no active bureaucrats and you wish to become an administrator, please contact the community staff on the Central Wikia.
What should administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be use to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Idealy an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.