When Kirby uses his inhale Special move on other Super Smash Bros. series combatants, he can swallow them and copy their physical characteristics and abilities. Normally this is the Standard Special Move of the victim. Kirby can discard the ability by taunting.
*Move changed between games
|Character||Attack Name||Controls||Physical Appearance||Description||Game Appearances||Abilities|
|Mario||Fireball||B||Mario's hat||Kirby throws a red fireball that bounces and disappears.|
|Dr. Mario||Megavitamin||B||Doctor Mario's headgear||Kirby throws a Mega Vitamin that bounces like Mario's fireball, but has a little more power and makes a distinct sound.|
|Luigi||Fireball||B||Luigi's hat||Kirby throws a gravity defying green fireball horizontally. The fireball bounces in Super Smash Bros.|
|Peach||Toad||B||Peach's crown||Kirby pulls out Toad to counter enemy attacks with spores.|
|Bowser||Fire Breath||B (Hold)
Control Stick Up/Down to adjust aim
|Bowser's horns and hair||Similar to the Fire Copy Ability, Kirby exhales flames at his enemies. The range of the fire shortens as the attack goes on.|
|Donkey Kong||Giant Punch||B x2 (once to charge the punch, again to punch), Control Stick to cancel the charge and roll.||A fur suit, similar to Donkey Kong's head||Kirby winds up and throws a very powerful punch.|
|Diddy Kong||Peanut Popgun||B (hold longer for a more powerful shot, holding too long causes the gun to backfire)||Diddy Kong's Nintendo cap||A wooden gun that fires peanuts, if the shells break, the peanuts can be eaten to restore health.|
|Yoshi||Egg Lay||B||A hat similar to Yoshi's head||Kirby swallows an enemy with his long tongue and turns them into an egg.|
|Wario||Chomp||B||Wario's biker helmet||Kirby grabs an enemy in his mouth, chews on them and spits them out. He can also swallow items and projectiles.|
|Link*||Boomerang||B, Control Stick (move)||Link's hat||Throws a boomerang that goes away from, and then comes back to Kirby. This move is similar to Cutter.|
|Bow (Melee)/Hero's Bow (Brawl)||B (hold longer to fire further)||Link's hat||Uses Link's bow to fire an arrow, the bow was redesigned in Brawl to suit Link's new 'Twilight Princess' look and is slightly more powerful.|
|Young Link||Fire Bow||B (hold longer to fire further)||Young Link's hat||Kirby shoots a flaming arrow, similar to the Fire Arrow combo ability in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards.|
|Zelda||Nayru's Love||B||Young Zelda's headdress from Ocarina of Time||Kirby is surrounded by magical energy that damages enemies and reflects projectiles.|
|Sheik||Needle Storm||B (Hold)/B x2 (once to charge, once to fire), use the Control Stick to cancel the charge and roll.||Sheik's hair and head wrappings||Kirby throws a barrage of sharp projectiles.|
|Ganondorf||Warlock Punch/Reverse Warlock Punch (Brawl only)||B, opposite direction faced as move is about to be preformed (Reverse Warlock Punch)||Ganondorf's hair and crest||A slow, but incredibly powerful punch backed up by dark magic. In Brawl, he can execute the Revese Warlock Punch when the player quickly taps the Control Stick in the opposite direction.|
|Toon Link||Hero's Bow||B (hold longer to shoot further)||Toon Link's hat||Kirby fires a bow. This bow is both more cartoony in appearance and shoots at a higher trajectory then Link's.|
|Samus Aran||Charge Shot||B x2 (once to charge, again to fire), Control Stick to cancel the charge and roll.||Varia Suit helmet||Kirby charges up and fires a powerful blast of energy.|
|Zero Suit Samus||Paralyzer||B (Hold to charge)||Samus' ponytail||Kirby fires a small handgun that damages and stuns enemies.|
|Pit||Palutena's Bow||B (Fire horizontally), B + Up (fire upwards, and can somewhat control arrrow's trajectory)||Pit's gold laurel wreath and wings||Kirby fires a celestial arrow, similar to Cupid.|
|Ice Climbers||Ice Shot||B||Popo's parka, looks similar to the Freeze ability||Kirby launches a single block of ice with a hammer swing that slides into enemies.|
|R.O.B.||Robo Beam||B, Control Stick (trajectory)||R.O.B.'s "eyes" and diode, looks similar to the Laser ability||Kirby fires a strong laser that bounces off floors and ceilings, has a small recharge period. If left unused, the beam will become super charged.|
|Meta Knight||Mach Tornado||B (repeat to gain altitude)||Meta Knight's mask and wings||Using Galaxia, Kirby spins and creates a damaging tornado, and functions like the Tornado ability.|
|King Dedede||Inhale, Spit Out||B (Hold), B/A to spit out enemy||King Dedede's hat||Kirby inhales an enemy and spits them out, more powerful than his normal inhale, but cannot be used to copy attacks. Can also be used to swallow items and projectiles.|
|Olimar||Pikmin Pluck/Throw**||B||Olimar's antenna and nose||Kirby plucks a Pikmin from the ground and hurls them at his foes, they die instantly after being thrown, due to Olimar's mechanics in the game.|
|Fox McCloud||Blaster||B||Fox's ears and headset||Kirby uses Fox's blaster which can fire multiple times quickly, but does not stop foes.|
|Falco Lombardi||Blaster||B||Falco's beak and crest||A more potent blaster than Fox's with decent stunning ability, it has lost some of its speed however. In Brawl, Kirby holds the blaster sideways like Falco does.|
|Wolf O'Donnell||Blaster||B||Wolf's ears and eyepiece||Stronger than Falco's blaster with an even slower firing rate and limited range, the gun has a small claw that can cause additional damage at close range.|
|Captain Falcon||Falcon Punch/Reverse Falcon Punch (Brawl only)||B, opposite direction faced as move is about to be preformed (Reverse Falcon Punch)||Captain Falcon's crash helmet||Kirby winds up and throws a fiery punch in the shape of a falcon. He also copies Captain Falcon's line, "Falcon Punch!" In Brawl, he can execute the Revese Falcon Punch when the player quickly taps the Control Stick in the opposite direction.|
|Pikachu||Thunder Jolt||B||A hat with Pikachu's ears, face, and tail||Kirby fires a bouncing jolt of electricity and imitates Pikachu's voice.|
|Pichu||Thunder Jolt||B||A hat with Pichu's ears, face, and tail||Kirby fires a bouncing jolt of electricity and imitates Pichu's voice. It is less powerful than Pikachu's and also damages Kirby slightly.|
|Squirtle||Water Gun||B x2 (once to charge, again to fire)||Squirtle's shell and tail worn like a helmet||Kirby charges up and spits a jet of water that causes no damage, but can push foes away.|
|Ivysaur||Bullet Seed||B (hold)||A hat with Ivysaur's ears, leaves, and flower on it||Rapidly fires seeds straight up from the flower on his head, the leaves will also rotate.|
Control Stick Up/Down to adjust aim
|A hat with Charizard's horns and wings||Very similar to Bowser's Flame Breath, spews a stream of flames that weaken over time.|
|Lucario||Aura Sphere||B x2 (once to charge, again to fire), Control Stick to cancel move and roll||A hat with Lucario's ears and dreadlocks||Charges and fires a ball of aura. The sphere can cause damage while charging. The Aura Sphere will be bigger or smaller depending on how long the sphere is charged.|
|Mewtwo||Shadow Ball||B x2 (once to charge, again to fire), Control Sitck to cancel move and roll||Mewtwo's ears and tail||Charges and fires a ball of dark energy that flies in a zigzag pattern. The sphere can cause damage while charging.|
|Jigglypuff*||Pound||B||Jigglypuff's ears and hair||Smacks the enemy with a big punch, can also be used for lateral recovery.|
|Rollout (Move invented in Generation II after the release of Super Smash Bros.)||B (hold to charge, release to attack)||Jigglypuff's ears and hair||Spins to gain momentum, then rolls to tackle the enemy, can be used midair for lateral recovery.|
|Marth||Shield Breaker||B (hold to charge, release to attack)||Marth's hair and tiara||Charges up and attacks with the sword Falchion.|
|Roy||Flare Blade||B (hold to charge, release to attack)||Roy's hair and headdress||Charges up and delivers a powerful fiery strike with his sword. If the attack is charged for too long, the explosive blast will cause 10% damage to Kirby.|
|Ike||Eruption||B (hold to charge, release to attack)||Ike's hair and headband||Charges up and thrusts his sword into the ground, creating an explosion, like Flare Blade, it will cause 10% damage to Kirby if charged for too long.|
|Ness*||PK Fire||B||Ness' cap worn backwards||Kirby throws a projectile that bursts into a pillar of flames upon hitting an enemy or item. Kirby also imitates Ness' voice.|
|PK Flash||B (hold (optional)), Control Stick (move)||Ness' cap worn backwards||Kirby fires a green ball of light straight up in the air that comes back down and deals heavy damage to nearby foes. Kirby also imitates Ness' voice.|
|Lucas||PK Freeze||B (hold (optional)) Control Stick (move)||Lucas' hair||Creates a mental projectile that can freeze opponents. Kirby also imitates Lucas' voice.|
|Mr. Game & Watch||Chef||B||Black with a heavy gray outline||Throws sausages, chicken legs (Brawl only), and fish (Brawl only) from his frying pan. The frying pan causes fire damage by itself.|
|Solid Snake||Hand Grenade||B (hold, release to throw)||Snake's headband and beard||Kirby pulls out a grenade that will explode after a set time, the bomb can blow up in Kirby's hand and damage him.|
|Sonic the Hedgehog||Homing Attack||B||Sonic's ears and spikes||Kirby spins, rises into the air and crashes into a nearby opponent. If no opponent is nearby it will propel Kirby forward a little (this can be aimed with the control stick.)|
*Move changed between games
**Due to how Olimar's moves work, his ability is a combination of his side and neutral special moves
- In Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, when performing Jigglypuff's Rollout, he will always exclaim "Purin!" (Jigglypuff's Japanese name) no matter which language the game is set to.
- Although Kirby inhales and swallows an adult Zelda, the hat given to him upon doing so is taken from Zelda's younger incarnation from Ocarina of Time.
- When Kirby gets Donkey Kong's ability, the suit he wears makes him look like a furry Waddle Dee.
- Since Kirby and King Dedede have roughly the same neutral B move (with one major difference), copying Dedede will effectively disable Kirby's ability to copy others (since Dedede's attack counts as a Copy Ability in itself), meaning the only thing Kirby can do with an inhaled enemy is spit him/her out as a star (which was Kirby's primary method of attack in the original Kirby's Dream Land).
- Various abilities makes him look like he has his in-game abilities. The most obvious ones are Link's cap for Sword and the Ice Climbers' parka for Freeze.
- Some abilities, like Bowser's, have abilities similar to moves in the game, and sometimes does poses for them, too. Bowser's Fire Breath is like Kirby's Fire ability.
- When Kirby copies Ness and uses his PK Flash, he specifically (and clearly) says PK Flash, rather than copying Ness's accent. This is somewhat ironic, as they both share the same voice actress.
- Kirby wears Ness's cap backwards as if he had the Yo-Yo, Paint, or Wheel abilities (while Ness wears his baseball cap to the side) Ness himself uses a yo-yo as a weapon.
- When Kirby copies Snake and throws a Grenade, he will wince and cover his "ears" if the grenade is thrown back at him, just like Snake does.
- Unlike Mr. Game & Watch, when Kirby inhales him and uses his chef ability, both he, and the pan he uses are in 3-D, compared to the 2D version that Mr. Game & Watch has. Kirby's pan also looks different than Mr. Game & Watch's for some reason.
- The ability that Kirby has normally doesn't appear when he uses his final smash, but some abilities that the Cook Hat doesn't cover up can still be seen (i.e. R.O.B. Visor, Mr. G&W ability, Snake's Beard, etc.).
- Although Wario has two costumes in Brawl (Biker and Plumber) inhaling either of them will give Kirby a biker helmet.
- If Kirby inhales another Kirby wielding a power, rather than attempting to copy the foe, he will steal the foe's power, leaving the enemy Kirby with nothing.
- Unlike the main Kirby games, if a power is lost in Super Smash Bros., it cannot be recovered by inhaling a star Kirby drops. Instead, Kirby must inhale the foe again to copy the power.
- When Kirby inhales Samus and uses the charge shot, he shoots with his hand instead of an arm cannon. This is likely a reference to how Kirby used Copy Abilites, such as Beam and Laser, in earlier games using his hand rather than a wand/visor.
- Some things change in size to better fit Kirby when he uses his Copy Ability. An example is Pit's wings -- since he is bigger than Kirby, the wings shrink. However, some things remain roughly the same -- Mario and Luigi's hats are about the same size when used by Kirby. Some things shrink for no reason; for example, when using Meta Knight's Mach Tornado, he gets Meta Knight's mask and wings, but the wings are smaller (while the mask remains the same size) even though Meta Knight and Kirby are roughly the same size.