Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article contains information that does not coincide with the main series canon.|
|This article is a stub - It needs expansion!|
|You can help Kirby Wiki by editing it.|
Kirby: Planet Robobot logo
|Meta Knightmare Returns|
|“||The masked knight has returned to fight evil while Kirby takes a much-needed nap. Collect Meta Points, and then touch the lower screen to unleash his special attacks.”|
|— Meta Knight's in-game description • Kirby: Planet Robobot|
Meta Knightmare Returns is a sub-game in Kirby: Planet Robobot. In it, the player controls Meta Knight and traverses through a slightly modified story mode of Kirby: Planet Robobot. As in the other two Meta Knightmare sub-games (Meta Knightmare in Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land and Meta Knightmare Ultra in Kirby Super Star Ultra), Meta Knight goes on the journey to defeat the Haltmann Works Company to prove his worthiness. The sub-game is unlocked by beating the Story Mode of Kirby: Planet Robobot.
This sub-game is stated to be a sort of "what if" scenario or alternate universe/timeline; the same is likely true for the other Meta Knightmare sub-games.
Meta Knight retains many abilities and attacks from Meta Knightmare Ultra. He is able to use Galaxia (which applies fiery effects) and the Knight Spin (which applies icy effects). Special Moves from Meta Knightmare Ultra also return. Meta Knight has new attacks as well as slightly more power and speed in this sub-game.
Meta Knight can accumulate Meta Points (by defeating enemies), and can store a total of 50 points. He can spend these points to use these moves:
|Meta Quick||8||Meta Knight's movement speed is increased for a short period.||N/A|
|Healing||10||Completely replenishes Meta Knight's health.||N/A|
|Galaxia Darkness||18||Meta Knight unleashes a powerful attack with Galaxia.||144|
|Meta Knightmares||35||Meta Knight summons members of the Meta-Knights for a powerful attack.||336|
Differences from Kirby's Playthrough
- There are less recovery items in this mode. Some of them have been replaced with other items.
- Point Stars are replaced with collectables in the shape of Meta Knight's symbol that have the same function.
- Enemies are more frequent and can appear in varying sizes.
- Code Cubes and Assist Stars are replaced with a group of 8 Meta Points.
- Mid-bosses and bosses have new cosmetic changes, have 2.0 added to their names and have received new attacks and attacks from their original versions are now much more deadly.
- The only exception to this is Mecha Knight, who has been replaced by Stock Mecha Knight. Stock Mecha Knight's attacks are taken from both Mecha Knight and Mecha Knight+.
- President Haltmann 2.0 is fought immediately entering the final boss room. After that, instead of fighting Star Dream, clones of Dark Matter and Queen Sectonia are fought, and later, Galacta Knight.
- Some stickers have been replaced with other items and others have been moved to other locations.
- Amiibo figures provide food items only as Meta Knight cannot use Copy Abilities.
- Sections that require the Robobot Armor to proceed are skipped. Some sections aren't skipped in which Meta Knight's sword, Galaxia, can destroy most of these obstacles in these instances.
- Because of this, the Invader Armor is never fought at all.
- Meta Knight's sword can solve any puzzle (i.e, lighting a fuse to blast out of a cannon).
- All of the EX stages are played just before the boss stage.
- Some Treasure Chests that contain Code Cubes are replaced with 1UPs.
- Stages are compiled in one level and at the end of each, a time will be shown.
- At the end of each level, there are save points that also refill all of Meta Knight's lost health. These are scattered at around the halfway point in each level. In the case of Level 6, there's another save point just before the boss.
- Kirby takes a nap during the events of this mode, explaining his absence from the sub-game's story.
- Galaxia Darkness, one of Meta Knight's special moves in this mode, is the same as his Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.
- Similarly, Meta Knight also has techniques that share names with his regular special moves from those games, including the Mach Tornado and Shuttle Loop. This is to be expected, however, as his move-set in Kirby's Return to Dream Land is nearly identical.
- Unlike previous games in which he was playable, Meta Knight rides Warp Stars like Kirby in this mode instead of flying on his own.