|“||Kirby rides the rails in that tried-and-true getaway vehicle, the mining cart.”|
|— Description • Nintendo of America website (pre-release)|
In Kirby Super Star, Mine Carts are found in the small, narrow caves in The Great Cave Offensive. They are also found in Milky Way Wishes, at Hotbeat and Halfmoon. Since Kirby Super Star Ultra is a remake, they are found there in the same places.
Mine Carts appear exlusively in the boss game Cart Run, where Kirby and King Dedede race to the end of the course in Mine Carts; King Dedede rides a bigger Mine Cart than Kirby does. While King Dedede's Mine Cart is set on a fixed track, the player must draw the track for Kirby's Mine Cart in order to optimize speed and collect food.
In the Super Smash Bros. series
Mine Carts appear in The Great Cave Offensive, a stage that appears in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. If a player lands inside one or leaves it still for a few seconds, it will begin moving along its track. It eventually picks up speed, making it hazardous to any opponent whom it runs into.
- In Kirby Super Star, Mine Carts are called Trolleys. This was changed to Cart in the remake.
- In Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Kirby can get hurt by obstacles in the way despite him being inside.
- When Meta Knight is in the cart he puts his cape around himself like he does in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!.
- When Kirby gets into a Mine Cart, it is treated like a Copy Ability in the fact that it gets its own icon.
- Unused sprites of Mine Carts exist in the coding of Kirby Mass Attack. The types included an orange cart for the Kirbys to ride in, a purple cart that an unused enemy would ride in, and a red cart mounted on skis that the Kirbys would ride in (which presumably would have been used in an icy stage).
- Supporting this speculation is official artwork of eight Kirbys riding through an icy area in a ski-mounted Mine Cart.