Kirby: Planet Robobot artwork
|In the anime||#J54/#E54 - #J70/#E70|
|Appearance||Original: A red and cyan dual-toned jester hat, wields a golden wand similar to Beam. Kirby's skin becomes a slightly lighter pink in Kirby Super Star and a snowy coloration in its remake.|
Current: A violet and sky blue two-pointed hat, with a reflective front rim with blue edges and a gold and silver hexagonal gem at the crest, wields a blue wand with a triangular prism shaped crystal.
|Other Powers||Reflects projectiles|
|“||This mirror has odd powers! Deflect projectiles or project doubles of yourself!”|
|— Mirror's Flavor text • Kirby Super Star Ultra|
With this illusory ability, Kirby is granted the power to create mirror images of himself to confuse enemies and perform multiple attacks at once. This mind boggling ability also gives Kirby a golden scepter which is able to project a glassy, near-invisible blade which can not only be used as a sharp blade to slice enemies, but also as a shield to protect him from enemies too close for comfort and their projectiles. This is very helpful against bosses that attack with projectiles that cannot be blocked (such as Computer Virus).
Not only does Kirby get a magic scepter when he inhales the wizardly Simirror, but also a jester cap that looks just like the hat Beam Kirby wears. Strangely, the coloration of this hat is also reminiscent of the hat Marx wears (apart from the fact that Marx's hat colors are switched, this actually makes sense considering the fact that it is a mirror, which would mean flipping the image).
|Mirror Cut||B/Y||Kirby swings his scepter downward. Contrary to its name, this move can not cut ropes.||None||22|
B/Y + B/Y + B/Y or
|Kirby waves his scepter sending out multiple mirror like objects, reflecting attacks and slicing enemies.||None||12 per hit|
|Mirror Body||Dash + B/Y||Kirby splits in two, damaging enemies that come in contact with either of the two Kirbys. One Kirby will come out in the direction the player is moving, and the other Kirby will go the opposite direction. This results in the two Kirbys splitting at a diagonal midway through a jump or vertically during a long fall.||None||16 (split), 22 (coming back together)|
|Reflect Guard||L or R||Kirby covers himself in a shimmering rainbow shield. Any projectiles that hit him will bounce back from where they came.||None||1|
Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
Mirror is mostly unchanged from the game version in the anime, and Kirby wears the same hat. The attacks Kirby uses are Reflect Guard, Mirror Body and Mirror Cut. When he uses Reflect Guard, he gains a translucent rainbow-colored force shield. Mirror Body is greatly updated - instead of only two, Kirby creates dozens and dozens of copies, all of which can harm the enemy. His most powerful is the Mirror Cut, where his scepter turns into a shimmering sword that he uses to cut the enemy in two.
In the transformation sequence, Kirby looks at his reflection in a mirror then spins until it breaks, turning into Mirror Kirby. The mirror shards form into the tip of his scepter.
|Mirror transformation English version|
|Mirror transformation Japanese version|
|Reflect enemy attacks or fool them by creating a double image of Kirby.|
|This mirror has odd powers! Deflect projectiles or project doubles of yourself!|
- Some of Marx/Soul's attacks involve him splitting in half and doing a certain attack. One of the moves Kirby can use with the Mirror ability lets Kirby split in two and damage every enemy that comes in contact with Kirby. Because of this, Marx's mirror-like wings, and the fact that Marx's hat resembles that of Mirror Kirby, Marx may be related to this ability.
- Like the Beam ability, the official artwork shows stars on both sides of his hat. This version is also used in the anime.
- Ironically, the Mirror ability didn't appear in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror.
- When Kirby uses the Mirror Body attack both of the Kirbys give a smirk going in opposite directions.
- In the Super Smash Bros. series, Kirby can use a move that performs similarly to Mirror's Reflect Guard by inhaling Zelda.
- An unused ability in Kirby: Squeak Squad's coding, named Block, uses the Mirror ability's hat.
- When Kirby has the Mirror ability, has a helper and decides to get rid of the ability, the item he throws is exactly alike to the item thrown with the Beam ability.
- Kirby was given pale skin in Kirby Super Star Ultra; the old ability that gave pale skin in the original game, Plasma, now gives green.
- In the anime, Mirror Kirby had two versions of transformations. The first one that appears in the episode One Crazy Knight had a basic normal looking transformation and the one that appears in the episode Buccaneer Birdy had the same animated transformation but with added 2D and 3D special effects.
- Mirror Kirby's original hat has a red half and a cyan half. These colors are inverses of each other.