When Kirby inhales two copy-ability-wielding enemies simultaneously and then swallows them, a roulette of copy abilities are shown. Depending on the combo, the result is different. However, when the roulette is still spinning, the player can press a button, making Kirby obtain a different ability.
Before the mix roulette starts rolling, the icon shown is Kirby sitting in front of a bar, shaking a drink mixer with a martini glass in front of him.
It works the same as before, except there are some new slots for the mix roulette that have nothing to do with copy abilities:
- Invincible- Kirby becomes invincible for a limited amount of time
- Ouch- Kirby gets hurt.
- Done for- Kirby loses a life!
Rather than a roulette of powers, Kirby can actually combine two copy abilities into one. There are a few ways to do this:
- When Kirby inhales two copy ability-wielding enemies simultaneously and then swallows them.
- Kirby inhales an ability-wielding enemy, holds it above his head, then throws it into another ability-wielding enemy, creating a combo-ability star that Kirby can inhale for the combo ability.
- Shoot an ability star into a copy ability-wielding enemy, thus creating a combo-ability star that Kirby can inhale for the combo ability.
In addition to firing off a Copy Ability roulette when interacting with a Copy Chance Wheel, the same effect can be triggered by inhaling two enemies that can grant Copy Abilities.
Mixing by inhaling two enemies at once always gives a predetermined ability if the roulette is allowed to stop on its own.
This is mixing by dragging bubbles together inside the Copy Palette. There are only a few fixed combinations at the start, none of which involve copy ability bubbles.
- Kirby Bubble + Kirby Bubble = Double Kirby Bubble
- Kirby Bubble + Double Kirby Bubble = 1UP
- Any 2 minor food (hamburger, onigiri etc.) = Cherry
- Minor food bubbles can only be obtained by collecting a greyed-out Treasure chest which has already been collected previously. They can only be mixed with each other and not with any other food.
- Cherry + Cherry = Pep Brew
- Cherry + Pep Brew = Meat
- Pep Brew + Pep Brew = Maxim Tomato
- Cherry + Meat = Maxim Tomato
- Pep Brew + Meat = Maxim Tomato
- Chicken + Meat = Maxim Tomato
- Maxim Tomato + Maxim Tomato = Random "?" Copy Ability Bubble
When the combination dragged together is not in one of the fixed sets, the following occurs:
Should the bubbles be dragged into one another and the stylus shaken, smaller bubbles surround the two, and the color of these bubbles determine which few abilities the mix will give. Prolonged shaking will give sound cues, which goes up the notes of a scale. The small bubbles change color in this sequence:
- Blue (Initial mix)
- Rapidly-oscillating colors
Therefore, simply dragging bubbles into each other without shaking will always give the "blue" choices.
|Blue||Cupid, Cutter, Hi-Jump, Ice, Laser, Parasol, Metal, Ninja, Sword, Tornado, Wheel (Blue never gives Sleep)|
|Red||Bomb, Fire, Sleep|
|Green||Beam, Spark, Sleep|
|White||Cutter, Sword, Sleep|
|Yellow||Animal, Bubble, Fighter, Metal, Ninja, Sleep|
|Oscillating||Regular Abilities: Animal, Bubble, Fighter, Metal, Ninja, Sleep (Same as yellow)|
Rare Abilities: Ghost (Once enabled), Hammer, Magic, Throw, UFO
Items: 1UP - extremely rare
After collecting certain items, further fixed bubble mix combinations will open.
Completing the Ghost Medal will enable:
Sleep + Sleep = Ghost(Normal and Bubble mix)
Without the medal, Sleep + Sleep = Ninja (Normal mix only)
Other enabled combinations:
The Magic ability has a function similar to mix, with the exact same results.
Mix is mostly the same as before, except now Kirby must inhale at least three enemies to get the effect.
Ouch, Done for, and Invincible are removed.
- This is the only feature in any Kirby game to reference alcohol, because the illustrations in Kirby's Adventure and Kirby Super Star has Kirby making a martini.
- The mix feature was originally intended to appear in Kirby's Dream Course, but it never made the cut. An ability icon exists for it, however.