Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land screenshot
|A place in|
|Theme||Tropical oceans and glaciers|
|Common enemies||Axe Knight, Blade Knight, Blipper, Bomber, Bounder, Bronto Burt, Broom Hatter, Bubbles, Cappy, Chilly, Coner, Flamer, Gip, Glunk, Gordo, Hot Head, Javelin Knight, Kabu, Laser Ball, Mace Knight, Needlous, Parasol, Parasol Waddle Dee, Pengi, Poppy Bros. Jr., Rocky, Scarfy, Shotzo, Sir Kibble, Sir Slippy, Sparky, Starman, Sword Knight, Togezo, Trident Knight, Twister, Twizzy, UFO, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, Wheelie|
|Mid-bosses||Rolling Turtle (KA)|
Phan Phan (KNiD), Bonkers, Mr. Frosty, Poppy Bros. Sr.
|“||If you didn't get sea-sickIce Cream Island, you had better hold your breath for this level! Set sail for adventure through a world with a nautical theme inhabited by some of the toughest enemies you've met yet! in ”|
|— Instruction manual description • Kirby's Adventure|
This intro is the same in both versions of the game. However in the remake Kirby is wearing a captain's hat.
Orange Ocean is an area of Dream Land named after its perpetual sunset and the orange glow that it casts on its clear water. The levels take place on the small islands in the sea as well as underwater levels in the orange water. Many of the level backgrounds are copies of background art from earlier levels, primarily Ice Cream Island, however with the colors changed to resemble the sunset. There are two parts of the ocean; part of it is warm and tropical, while the other half is completely frozen over (perhaps referencing its closeness to Rainbow Resort). The area between it is most likely Secret Sea, where the Halberd crashed. Orange Ocean is full of fleets of battleships and large pirate ships. Meta Knight acts as the boss of Orange Ocean in Kirby's Adventure and its remake.
There are six stages in Orange Ocean; a Museum with a Wheelie, an Arena featuring Fire Lion, as well as all three sub-games: Crane Fever, Egg Catcher and Quick Draw in the original and Bomb Rally, Air Grind and Quick Draw in the remake.
- Orange Ocean is also where the entire sub-game Revenge of Meta Knight takes place. Meta Knight's base is located here, and is where he stores his Halberd. However, Kirby is able to fell the near-impervious ship and it crashed down into Orange Ocean (specifically the Secret Sea). Kirby travels to this location once again in Kirby: Squeak Squad where the Halberd is resurrected.
Every stage has a Switch in Orange Ocean:
- Stage 1: If Kirby still has Hammer (required to get the switch in Stage 6 of Grape Garden or can be obtained from the Heavy Mole fight), keep it. If not, it can be obtained in-stage. In the second room (ignoring the Rolling Turtle/Phan Phan room), there are Flamers and Sparkys. If Kirby has Hammer, enter the door midway through the room; if not, inhale both the Flamer and the Sparky at the same time. If done correctly, the roulette will end on Hammer (the Flamer needs to be inhaled just before the Sparky; the opposite is true in the remake, however). In Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, however, there are two Sparkys conveniently "caged" nearby the midway door. These can be easily inhaled for Hammer if done correctly. Enter the door. Destroy the hollow block (Metal Block in the remake) in the way of a door. Enter the door.
- Stage 2: In the first room, destroy the Bomb Block and release the Pep Brew. Float up to where the Pep Brew was for a secret door (made more obvious in the remake). A Rocky will be present. Inhale him for Stone. In the following room, enter the door midway through the room. Pound the stake in the middle.
- Stage 3: In the second room, defeat Bonkers for Hammer. Destroy the wooden crate (Metal Block in the remake) after climbing the ladder. Destroy the Bomb Block and water will flow into the ship. Stand in the place where the Bomb Block was and press up to enter a secret door. Float up to the surface and destroy the Sword Knight. In his place is a door marked by a different wood pattern (just a door in the remake). Quickly inhale the Laser Ball for the Laser Copy Ability. Enter the door marked by a different water pattern (a hole in the wood in the remake). Enter the door to the left. Inside is a Hot Head and a Cannon. Light the fuse with a Laser by deflecting it on the diagonal surface. Hop in the cannon and get blasted into the sky.
- Stage 4: In the second room, proceed through the room until reaching water. Nearby the ladders where Kirby can resurface, there is a Broom Hatter on a rock. This rock has an empty space on the right. Press up to enter a secret door (made more obvious in the remake).
- Stage 5: In the last room, activate the Bomb Block chain revealing the fuse for a cannon. Light the fuse with Fire. Get out and run quickly and activate the second Bomb Block chain to get into the cannon. Quick players will succeed; if not, try again now that the second Bomb Block chain has been activated. Get blasted into the sky where the switch is located.
- Stage 6: Before entering this stage, go to the arena to get Fireball/Burning. In the first room, go down the pit and float to the left. There are ice blocks (Metal Blocks in the remake) that Kirby needs to break. Break them with Fireball/Burning. The Switch is now accessible. There is an alternative way to do this: in the second room, there are UFOs. Get the UFO Copy Ability. Go back to the first room and destroy the aforementioned ice/metal blocks with a fully charged shot.
|The following section contains transcluded content from the Database. Source: (view • edit • help)|
|Theme - Orange Ocean|