|This article is about the ability appearing in Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra. For the similar ability appearing in Kirby Star Allies, see Artist.|
|“||Splatter paint on invisible foes to make them appear!”|
|— Kirby Battle Royale - Kirby's 25th Anniversary Copy Ability Poll|
Paint is a rare, one-use ability that lets Kirby spray blobs of paint all over, causing damage to any foe on screen. As a side effect, the behavior of two certain bosses will be changed when this power is used against them.
|Paint Out||B||Inhaling a paint ball from Marx Soul, Chameleo Arm, or Heavy Lobster gives this one-time ability. Performing the attack will destroy all regular enemies on-screen, re-color Chameleo Arm, re-color Heavy Lobster, and damage Heavy Lobster's eye, causing erratic movement. Chameleo Arm can still change color afterwards, however. The attack deals very little damage to Marx Soul.||None/Paint||70|
Kirby has obtained Paint in just one episode of Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, after inhaling one of Paint Roller's paint brushes. Along with the ability's standard hat, it also came with a pair of roller skates, which could be a reference to Paint Roller himself. Like Cook before it, it became a normal ability rather than a one-use ability, and allowed him to paint things that became real. This is similar to Adeleine. The episode's name is in the English dub of the Kirby TV anime.
In the transformation sequence, Kirby dons the skates of Paint Roller. Next, a similar blue hat falls on Kirby's head. After, he takes out the paintbrush and skates across the screen and paints the screen in multiple colors, creating a rainbow.
|Paint transformation English version|
|Paint Transformation Japanese version|
|Use the Paint for a spectacular, colorful surprise! A one time shot in the dark!|
|Now's your chance to use it! A special onetime Copy Ability! Paint the town all of 7 colors!|
- Paint Kirby's hat is the same as those of Yo-Yo and Wheel Kirby's hats, but in a different color (Yo-Yo's is purple, Wheel's is red).
- In Kirby Super Star and its remake, Paint, along with the other limited-use abilities, Sleep, Crash, Cook, and Mike, are the only Copy Abilities that can be obtained via inhaling whilst playing the Milky Way Wishes sub-game (they are also the only abilities without Copy Essence Deluxes).
- Like the other limited-use abilities, there is no Helper available for Paint.
- Paint is the only Copy Ability that is obtained only by projectiles from bosses.
- Paint can blind Heavy Lobster and paint him red. Paint can also make Chameleo Arm change color and reappear if invisible.
- A similar ability, Artist, appears in Kirby Star Allies. Instead of being one-use, Kirby creates paintings and swings his brush as a weapon, as well as creating sculptures.
- Additionally, Artist has an attack, called Painbrush, that covers the screen in paint and discards the ability, which is Paint's main function.
Other Ability Icons