Patched Plains is a mechanized grassland setting with tubes and mechanical grass scattered around the stages, as well as robotic trees commonly seen in Cookie Country. New locales added by the Haltmann Works Company include a train and a research facility. On his journey to save Popstar, Kirby can use his newly-discovered Robobot Armor to operate machinery and defeat enemies with ease.
The game's first HAL Room can be found in Stage 3. After entering a secret area containing three 1UPs, Kirby must float up to a thin passage at the top of the screen, travel through a square tube, pass a Noddy and Waddle Dee, and jump onto a Warp Star. This takes the hero to the first HAL Room.
Robobot Armor Modes
- Located in the room following the Clanky Woods chase sequence; in plain sight; unskippable.
- Located in a giant tube in the background; in plain sight.
- In a Treasure Chest on a log in the background.
- Cut right chain with Cutter Mode in optional room.
- Located in a Swap Chamber. Obtained by using both Batteries.
- Enter tube before the Clown Acrobot. Grab Battery and use on Swap Chamber for access to optional room.
- Grab Battery at Robobot Docking Station and backtrack to Swap Chamber.
- Follow the correct path as displayed on the screen in the background: ↑Up, ↓Down, ↑Up.
- In the grate room after the Invincible Candy.
- Use Spark Mode to power wire to open gate.
- In Treasure Chest after defeating Kibble Blade 2.0.
|Stage 1||Star Rod Kirby||Defeat Clanky Woods.|
|Stage 2||Ultra Sword||Behind a couple of logs destroyed with Sword Mode.|
|Stage 3||Sailor Waddle Dee||Use Robobot Armor from Code Cube room to destroy Durable Block in ceiling before Poppy Bros. Jr.|
|Stage 4||Adeleine||Destroy block in grate room nearby Galbo.|
|Stage 6||Taranza||Use Bomb Mode to keep pink Switch activated.|
- The platform number at the train station in Stage 3 is L∀∀-H. When flipped upside-down, the number becomes H-AA˥, a possible reference to HAL Laboratory.
- The music played in the research facility in Stage 4 is a remix of the music from Stage 6 of Sand Canyon from Kirby's Dream Land 3.
- The themes played in the EX Stage are Rowdy Charge Tank's music from Kirby Air Ride (which in turn is a rearrangement of Green Greens' music from Kirby's Dream Land), Top Ride Metal's music from Kirby Air Ride (which in turn is a remix of Cocoa Cave/Cavius' music from the Dyna Blade and Milky Way Wishes sub-games of Kirby Super Star), Growth Grasses' music from Kirby: Canvas Curse (which in turn is a remix of Yogurt Yard's music from Kirby's Adventure), and a remix of the "Easy Round Clear" music from Kirby's Super Star Stacker.
- The music that plays in the HAL Room of Stage 4 is a remix of the title music of Spring Breeze from Kirby Super Star Ultra.