Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land screenshot
|A place in|
|Common enemies||Blade Knight, Blipper, Bomber, Bounder, Bronto Burt, Broom Hatter, Bubbles, Cappy, Chilly, Coner, Flamer, Gip, Gordo, Hot Head, Kabu, Laser Ball, Noddy, Parasol, Parasol Waddle Dee, Pengi, Poppy Bros. Jr., Rocky, Scarfy, Shotzo, Sir Kibble, Sparky, Squishy, Sword Knight, Togezo, Twister, Twizzy, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, Wheelie|
|Mid-bosses||Poppy Bros. Sr., Mr. Tick-Tock, Mr. Frosty, Bonkers, Phan Phan/Rolling Turtle, Bugzzy, Fire Lion, Grand Wheelie|
|“||Welcome to Rainbow Resort!”|
|— Instruction manual description • Kirby's Adventure|
Rainbow Resort is the seventh and final level of Kirby's Adventure and its remake, Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land. This level comes after Orange Ocean. Rainbow Resort is the hallowed ground that Planet Popstar's Dream Spring is located upon.
Seeing one of the resort's titular rainbows, Kirby treats it as a music staff and uses Mike to put music notes on it. However, this causes the rainbow to become unstable and fall apart. Luckily, Kirby pulls his parasol out just in time to avoid being hit by the falling notes.
This intro is the same in both versions of the game, but in Kirby's Adventure, the opening took place on the ground at day instead of in space.
Rainbow Resort is an icy area located in the far reaches of Orange Ocean. It is a relaxing and calming area that is often visited by King Dedede. Situated far from other continents and near space, Rainbow Resort is eternally covered in ice and frost. Having nearly no atmosphere, Kirby can see the many stars and nebulas that exist in Rainbow Resort's vicinity, even so far as to see the rest of Gamble Galaxy far in the distance.
Located in Rainbow Resort is a large tower that holds many different mid-bosses that Kirby must fight.
The first set is:
The second, hidden set is:
- Red Rolling Turtle/Green Phan Phan
- Fire Lion
- Room with five 1UPs.
The hidden series of bosses are accessible through a hidden door above the main entrance, and are more difficult to fight. The door is more easily noticed in Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land as it is replaced by a ventilation duct opening. A similar secret appears in Stage 5 of Nutty Noon in Kirby's Return to Dream Land, again with similar functions.
The final stage of Rainbow Resort is a homage to Kirby's Dream Land, and has a black-and-white environment that illustrates each level of the game. The boss of Rainbow Resort is King Dedede, who intends to stop Kirby from fulfilling his goal of reaching the Fountain of Dreams.
There are two Switches in Rainbow Resort:
- Stage 1: In the second room, get Spark. Notice a Waddle Doo is stuck. Use the Spark ability in the area where the Flamer spawns. This will destroy the blocks below (made more obvious in the remake), allowing the player access to the Waddle Doo. Inhale him for Beam. Notice an area with three Waddle Dees stuck together. Destroy them. Jump into the crevice they were in and use the Beam attack. Some blocks should be destroyed above Kirby. Most of them can be destroyed, but the two blocks (Metal Blocks in the remake) in front of the door cannot. Get rid of Beam and get Fireball/Burning from the Flamer. Go back and destroy the blocks in front of the door. Kirby will fall onto the switch.
- Stage 6: In the last room, enter the moon. Kirby will fall onto the last switch. This is a reference to Kirby's Dream Land as Kirby can enter the moon near the end of Bubbly Clouds.
|The following section contains transcluded content from the Database. Source: (view • edit • help)|
|Theme - Rainbow Resort|
- Rainbow Resort is the only main level in Kirby's Adventure and Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land that is not named after a type of food.
- The intro music of Rainbow Resort is the same as that of Grape Garden's.
- In Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, in Stage 6, the enemies are no longer monochromatic, as they were in the original.
- Rainbow Resort's music was remixed as the alternate music for Frozen Hillside in Kirby Air Ride and Frozen Fantasy in Kirby: Canvas Curse.
- A portion of Rainbow Resort's music was used in Stage 6 of Sand Canyon's music from Kirby's Dream Land 3.