Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards screenshot
|A place in|
|Theme||Tundra, sky, mall, and factory|
|Common enemies||Bivolt, Bo, Bobo, Bouncy, Bronto Burt, Burnis, Cairn, Chilly, Emp, Fishbone, Flopper, Flora, Frigis, Gabon, Glom, Glunk, Gobblin, Gordo, Hack, I³, Kany, Keke, Mahall, Maw, Mite, Mopoo, Nruff, Plugg, Poppy Bros. Jr., Propeller, Pteran, Punc, Pupa, Putt, Rockn, Sawyer, Scarfy, Shotzo, Sir Kibble, Skud, Slushy, Spark-i, Sparky, Tick, Turbite, Yariko, Zebon, Zoos|
|Mid-bosses||Big Chilly, Big Mopoo, Big Pupa, Big Burnis|
|“||Snowy and cold, Shiver Star is a winter wonderland—a wonderland full of monsters and Dark Matter.”|
|— Description • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards Official Strategy Guide (Prima)|
Shiver Star is the fifth planet visited by Kirby, Ribbon, Adeleine, King Dedede, and Waddle Dee in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. It is a world perpetually covered in ice and snow. In circumstances not clear, the planet's inhabitants all had to move in the past, and left behind little more than buildings and factories which continue working long after their departure. The boss of the planet is HR-H/HR-E.
After defeating HR-H/HR-E, the Crystal Shard immediately opens up a portal to Ripple Star. Ribbon sadly beholds the ruinous state of her home planet. After the group affirms their determination to help her, they enter the portal; Kirby goes first but trips, causing him to be run over by the others, and Ribbon has to lift him into the portal.
A simple snowy stage. Many ice enemies abound here, but a wide variety of other abilities can also be found.
1. On top of the second igloo during the bobsledding portion.
3. Under the ice in the area after the mid-boss.
A stage set in the sky. Strangely there are crystals everywhere and brightly colored star patterns. There are also wind currents which will not propel Kirby upwards, but increase his jump height.
1. Under a cloud with a hole in it. (The cloud has four stars under it as well, and those can be easily seen.)
2. Shoot in the top left direction with the help of the Zebon.
A stage that takes place inside a toy-themed mall or factory.
1. Above the last conveyor belt.
2. Reward for defeating the mid-boss.
3. Adeleine paints three fruits on the window, and Kirby must pick the corresponding colors in the adjacent area.
Unlike Stage 3, which just couldn't decide whether it was a toy wonderland or at least a cheerful factory, Stage 4 is most definitely a factory - a dangerous, spike-studded, smashing-hammer filled one at that. Being smashed under a huge hammer results in a rare instant death. The technology theme in this stage leads up to the boss fight.
3. In the room with the moving yellow walls, the Crystal Shard is on the 4th level, just past the entry to the next floor.
Kirby fights this giant robot in the depths of a mysterious abandoned city.
|The following section contains transcluded content from the Database. Source: (view • edit • help)|
|Theme - Shiver Star|
- The music for Stage 2 is a remix of Butter Building's music from Kirby's Adventure. This remix was reused in the second section of Resolution Road's EX Stage in Kirby: Planet Robobot.
- In Kirby: Triple Deluxe's Kirby Fighters sub-game, there is a stage based off of Stage 4 of Shiver Star. It is called Factory Tour. This stage reappears in Kirby Fighters Deluxe.
- Shiver Star bears a strong resemblance to planet Earth. It even has an orbiting moon, just like Earth. The planet even supported a civilization with similar buildings to those seen in real life (such as the shopping mall and factory seen in Stages 3 and 4). This has led some fans to speculate that Shiver Star may actually be Earth frozen over, after some form of apocalypse, such as a nuclear winter.