Kirby: Triple Deluxe artwork
|Category||Regular enemy, Helper|
|Enemy Info card number||#29|
|“||A tough enemy who is a master of the sword.”|
|— Instruction manual description • Kirby Super Star|
Sir Kibble is a suit of armor surrounding what appears to be a dark void, with a blade on top of his helmet that he can use as a boomerang. He has feet with silver armor on them and red hands.
Sir Kibble first appeared in the game's 4th level Bubbly Clouds. Here he would walk around slowly before tossing the cutter boomerang on his helmet to try to hurt Kirby. Kirby can't get Cutter ability from them in this game. In Extra Mode, Sir Kibble is replaced by Boomer which looks like Poppy Bros. Jr. with a boomerang. Boomer tosses boomerangs faster than Sir Kibble and tosses 2 at a time which instead of returning to Boomer fly over his head at an angle.
Sir Kibble returns in Kirby's Adventure, and this time, it can have its ability copied; otherwise, its behavior is mostly the same. Now, if Kirby is in the air, Sir Kibble will jump up and throw his cutter trying to hit Kirby; he will also sometimes toss his cutter then jump over it, when it returns, causing it to pass under him.
Sir Kibble also appears in Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra as a common enemy. He appears in three colors of armor: gold, silver, and bronze. There is no difference in strength or strategy for the different colors of Sir Kibble. He has 20 hit points. His tactics are similar to those he uses in Kirby's Adventure and Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, but he can now jump and throw his cutter downwards at Kirby. He gives Kirby the Cutter ability when swallowed. Additionally, the gold-armor Sir Kibble is the Cutter-based Helper (playable by either the CPU or a 2nd player) that Kirby can create from the ability. His abilities as an ally include throwing his boomerang and slashing with it in various movements and directions. He can also perform Cleaving Cutter underwater. In Helper to Hero, his armor is a bright green instead of a bright yellow and he's wearing yellow gloves.
Sir Kibble retains his color scheme from previous games, his behavior consists of throwing the boomerand both on land and in mid-air while jumping
Sir Kibble makes a cameo appearance in the crowd during the match against King Dedede.
Sir Kibble appears in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards as one of the main Cutter-based enemies, alongside others such as Fishbone and Sawyer. His attack is noticeably much slower in this game than in previous installments.
Sir Kibble appeared in the trailer of this cancelled game as an enemy and a helper, but his enemy and helper palettes were swapped.
Sir Kibble also appears in Kirby's Return to Dream Land as a common enemy. It appears in the New Challenge Stages in Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition as well. It appears in the Smash Combat Chamber and Magolor Race 1. In these games, Sir Kibble's cutter attack has a motion blur effect.
In these games, Sir Kibble looks exactly like he does in Kirby's Return to Dream Land, and acts much the way he did in that game. However, Sir Kibble now possesses the ability to throw cutters from the foreground to the background, or vice versa. Since Kirby cannot attack the enemy when they're on separate planes, the pink puff can only dodge these cutters, or destroy the blades with a Copy Ability or air puff.
In the Super Smash Bros. series
|“||An armored creature who throws his boomerang-like hat, Sirkibble jumps to attack, so be careful on your approach. Also, be sure to keep an eye on Sirkibble's hat—it can do damage while it's flying out and coming back.”|
|— Description • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards Official Strategy Guide (Prima)|
|“||An armor-clad foe. Sir Kibble grips the blade on his head between his hands before launching it at Kirby. By inhaling Sir Kibble, Kirby can copy his Cutter ability to throw boomerang-like blades. At close range, Sir Kibble can use his cutter like a sword for a direct attack.”|
|— Trophy description • Super Smash Bros. Brawl|
|“||Wearing a suit of armor that looks like a helmet (or is it a helmet that looks like a suit of armor?), little, round Sir Kibble doesn't seem all that different from Kirby in stature. But if you peer under his visor hoping to catch a glimpse of a pair of cute little eyes, you might be unnerved to find nothing but a dark void...”|
|— Trophy description • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U|
- Sir Kibble didn't have hands in-game in Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby's Adventure or Kirby's Dream Land 2.
- Sir Kibble in Helper form has a strange way of guarding; when he is protecting himself he simply hides in his thick armor.
- In Kirby's Dream Land 2, Sir Kibble is referred to as "Load Kibble" (probably intended to be "Lord Kibble"). Its keychain in the Japanese version of Kirby: Triple Deluxe reflects this (ロードキブル).
- In Kirby's Dream Land 3 and the English version of Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, its name is spelled as "Sirkibble" (without spaces).
- An enemy from The Subspace Emissary called an Armight has a similar helmet to Sir Kibble's.
- Kirby's Return to Dream Land has the first official cutter Mid-Boss based off Sir Kibble by the name of Kibble Blade, which implies a stronger alteration of Sir Kibble. Also, it has an EX form like the other Mid-Bosses.
- The Prima strategy guide for Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards is flawed; it states that Sir Kibble throws his hat to attack, when in fact he throws the cutter off his hat.
- In Kirby Fighters Deluxe, Sir Kibble's helmet is used for Cutter's alternate costume.
- As with Cutter, Sir Kibble's method of attack could have been inspired by the Eye Slugger weapon from the 1967 tokusatsu TV series Ultraseven.
- In Mega Man 7, there is a green-helmeted, big-eyed enemy very similar to Sir Kibble that falls from the top of the armors in Shade Man's stage named Ragger, that attacks by throwing the cutter on top of its head, and is invincible while hiding its arms in its helmet. Considering the iconic status of the Eye Slugger weapon and Ultraseven in Japanese popular culture, this enemy may have shared the same inspiration as Sir Kibble and the Cutter ability.