Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The slide attack, or slide tackle, is one of the most basic abilities in the Kirby series and can be used by Kirby, Gooey, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Bandana Waddle Dee, Shadow Kirby, or any of the playable helper characters in Kirby Super Star and its remake. The character using this move slides along the ground with one of their legs sticking forward to kick any enemy or Star Blocks in the way. Some characters may also use different body parts or weapons for this such as Birdon's beak or Blade Knight's sword. It does little damage, but can defeat some weaker enemies in one hit. In essence, if Kirby has no power available and needs to deal fast damage to a foe, the slide attack is better than nothing.
Kirby can use it to attack enemies that he can't inhale like Scarfy. It can also be used to get under places, quickly destroy blocks, or for use as an attack, as mentioned before. The slide attack doesn't work on mid-bosses and bosses, as it is too weak to dent them; it will push Kirby back instead, and he will get hurt. However, it is capable of dealing light damage to other Kirbys in Kirby Fighters and Kirby Fighters Deluxe.
- In some games, such as Kirby Super Star, Kirby will bounce off of an enemy that he has hit, while in others, such as Kirby's Dream Land 3, he will continue on through them.
- Only in Kirby's Adventure does Kirby slide with the Hammer or Parasol in front of him. In subsequent games, including the remake, Kirby may only slide with the Sword in front of him.
- If sliding on a steep slope in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror and Kirby: Squeak Squad, Kirby will roll down and damage any enemy in his path until he reaches flat ground (or, in some cases, falls into a pit).
- The slide attack is sometimes performed in the Kirby Dance.
- The slide attack is only used once in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!: Meta Knight uses it to trip Escargoon in the episode, Right Hand Robot. However, this could have just been a regular slide and was not neccesarily meant to be the slide used in the games.