|This article is about the Copy Ability. For the games, see Super Smash Bros. series.|
|“||You're ready to rumble! You got the Smash Bros. ability!”|
|— Smash Bros.'s Flavor Text • Kirby: Planet Robobot|
With this ability, Kirby can once again use many of his trademark moves seen in the Super Smash Bros. series. It has limited availability in all games that it appears in.
This ability debuts as Smash in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror. It may be acquired through four different methods:
- Defeating and then eating Master Hand, who serves as a recurring boss in the Super Smash Bros. series
- Inhaling two Noddys at the same time and letting the ability roulette stop on its own
- Inhaling a Wheelie and a Noddy at the same time and letting the ability roulette stop on its own
- Touching the Copy Essence found in the ability room
This ability is available for use in the Last Land area of Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition. Some of this ability's moves are unique, while many others are drawn from the Cutter, Fighter, Hammer and Stone abilities.
Smash, now renamed Smash Bros., can be found as a rare Copy Essence or by using a Smash Bros. Kirby amiibo figure on the system. It acts the same as it did in Kirby's Dream Collection, but it has gained the Air Drop attack from the Ninja ability in this game, based on his forward throw in Super Smash Bros. and up throw in Super Smash Bros. Melee onwards. Also, the Hammer attack can be charged, much like in its Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U appearance, and guarding creates a bubble shield.
Copy Essences for this ability are hidden throughout the game's story mode. Copy Essences for this ability can be found in the following locations:
- Area 1-4: Near the end of the first step inside the building, there is a bridge of sorts made out of four air ducts. Beneath the far-left duct is a secret door containing a Copy Essence.
- Area 3-1: At the far right of the first step is an underwater submarine with a hidden door on it containing a Copy Essence.
- Area 5-2: At the far left of the first step, before entering the casino building, a window is open above the main entrance that can be entered to find an Copy Essence as well as the stage's Rare Sticker.
- Area 6-1: After defeating the second Security Force, there is a secret passage near the ceiling above the door leaving the step. Within the secret area is a President Haltmann painting with a peeling corner, which can be entered to find a HAL Room containing a Copy Essence.
- Area 6-5: After the Jet Mode sequence ends, at the very top of the step is a pillar with a star on top that can be entered as a hidden door containing a Copy Essence as well as the stage's Rare Sticker.
- After clearing the Story Mode, the Ability Testing Area is unlocked in Area 6, where a Copy Essence can be found (foreground, far right).
|Move||Controls||Super Smash Bros. Melee Input||Description||Element||Damage ( 20161006|
|Vulcan Jab||B/1||Jab||Kirby jabs at the enemy multiple times. This move comes from Fighter.||None||3-5|
|Final Cutter||↑ + B/1||Up Special||Kirby swings his Cutter up and lands, emitting a shock wave. This move comes from only the last slash of Cutter's Final Cutter.||None||19 (unlinked shockwave)|
8 (rising hit), 2 (2nd/3rd intermediate hits), 14 (linked shockwave)
|Stone||↓ + B/1||Down Special||Kirby turns into a stone, pounding into the ground. This move comes from Stone.||None||38 (stone), 19 (change back)|
|Hammer||→ + B/1||Side Special||Kirby swings his hammer horizontally in front of him. This move mimics Kirby's Side Special move in the Super Smash Bros. series.||None||57 (uncharged)|
66 (slightly charged)
85 (fully charged)
|Giant Swing||→ + B/1 (Midair)||Side Special (Midair)||Kirby spins around in midair, hammer outstretched. This move comes from Hammer.||None||25|
|Ultra Giant Swing||Dash + B/1 (Midair)||Side Special (Midair)||Kirby spins around in midair, twirling the hammer around his body twice. This attack comes from Hammer.||None||15 per hit|
|Twinkle Star||B/1 (Midair)||Neutral Air||Kirby does a powerful somersault in midair. This move is based on one of Kirby's aerial attacks in the Super Smash Bros. series (up air in Super Smash Bros., neutral air in all subsequent games).||None||15|
|Smash Kick||Dash + B/1||Side Smash||Kirby charges up and launches himself forward, damaging any enemy he kicks. This move is based on Kirby's forward smash attack in every Super Smash Bros. game, which in turn is based off of the Fighter ability's Spin Kick move.||None||23 (uncharged)|
25 (slightly charged)
29 (fully charged)
|Air Drop||↑/forward + B near an enemy||Up Throw||Kirby grabs the enemy or defeated mid-boss, and he will then proceed to jump into the sky and slam the enemy down into the ground with massive force, doing massive damage to anyone in the way. This move is based on Kirby's up throw in Super Smash Bros. Melee onwards, which is based off the Ninja ability's Air Drop move.||None||49 (throw), 59 (thrown projectile)|
|Shield||L/R||Shield (or hold grab)||Changes Kirby's Guard into the red Bubble Shield from the Super Smash Bros. series. Unlike its appearance in the Super Smash Bros. series, however, it will not break.||None||None|
|8-Bit King Dedede|
|8-Bit Kirby (20th)|
|Brick Block||Super Mario Bros. / New Super Mario Bros.|
|Dream Hatcher||HAL Laboratory|
|King Dedede & Masked Dedede|
|Marx & Magolor|
|Master Hand & Super Smash Bros. symbol|
|Mount Fuji||Real World|
|Rick, Kine, & Coo|
|Wham Bam Rock|
|Attack with... familiar fighting moves. Press B with the Control Pad for different smashing attacks.|
|You're ready to rumble! You got the Smash Bros. ability!|
- The method of getting to the Copy Essence for this Ability in Kirby: Planet Robobot in area 1-4 is similar to getting the UFO Ability in Stage 1 of Vegetable Valley in Kirby's Adventure/Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land. In both cases, the player must float under a bridge to get to a secret room.
- In Kirby: Planet Robobot, Smash Bros. is the only ability that, without amiibo usage, can only be attained via Copy Essence as no enemy in the game can grant it.
- Despite having its own Copy Essence, Smash Bros. does not appear on the Roulette Copy Essence in Kirby: Planet Robobot.
- A rare Golden Master Hand statue may appear when using the Smash Bros. Stone move.
- It is the only Ability to appear in the Bonus Challenge Stages of Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition but not in Kirby's Return to Dream Land.