Kirby: Squeak Squad artwork
|Category||Regular enemy, Mid-boss|
|“||My friends moving down below are known as the Squeakers. They do most of the intel gathering around here. They're the ones who found out where most of the medals are. But the Squeakers are timid, so that leaves only you to get those medals for me!”|
|— Daroach • Kirby Mass Attack|
The Squeakers make up the bulk of the Squeaks, and appear in Kirby: Squeak Squad and as a cameo in Kirby Mass Attack. They make up the lowest rank in Daroach's gang, but there is a very large number of them. Ghost Kirby's ability to control his enemies won't work on them.
There are four colors of Squeakers: blue, green, yellow, and red. The color of the Squeaker determines its special abilities. Squeakers only appear under special circumstances - In a room with a big chest, the Squeakers will replace all of the original enemies in the room to impede Kirby's progress, so one of the high-ranking Squeaks can catch up to Kirby.
- Yellow Squeakers are capable of jumping in mid-air. They actively pursue Kirby, potentially running into pits or spikes themselves when doing so. In some levels, lone Yellow Squeakers can be found with a large Treasure Chest in tow.
- Green Squeakers throw normal sized bombs, similar to the ones that Bomb Kirby throws. They can still steal Treasure Chests like the yellow version, but only if the Treasure Chest is near it, they can still still throw bombs as a means of defense even in this state.
- Blue Squeakers only appear in in the Squeaks treasure areas, and throw giant, powerful bombs. They throw slower than Green Squeakers and the bombs take longer to detonate, and have to be super inhaled.
- Since Red Squeakers are still listed in the enemy data, through hacking they can be loaded like any other Squeaker. Their abilities are similar to the green one, throwing regular bombs, except they will also be more agile and follow Kirby over greater distances(like the yellow one, but not quite as much). They are capable of riding Warp Stars in the Smash Ride sub-game.
In Kirby Mass Attack, Squeakers appear on the bottom of the Touch Screen when the Kirbys are talking to Daroach in his airship. Daroach also mentions that the Squeakers are field agents who search for medals across the Popopo Islands.
All Squeakers have some mouse-like traits, such as the faces and ears, but the rest of the body resembles a limbless ball with a small tail like a tadpole.
- The Squeakers appear as a sticker in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- Even though they do not appear in the retail version, red Squeakers could most likely throw normal or giant-sized bombs as suggested by unused sprites in the game data.