Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kirby Super Star Ultra artwork
|Copy Ability||None, Spark (anime only)|
|“||An eight-armed Avalanche for you then, Kirby!”|
|— Squishy • Kirby's Avalanche|
In the main games, Squishy is a typical undersea enemy that swims around and occasionally hops out of the water. Once on dry land, they can walk around unscathed, a trait which separates them from other water-based foes. In the Extra Game of Kirby's Dream Land, Squishy is replaced by Flotzo.
Although Squishy is a regular enemy in most cases, Squishy is actually a noteworthy staple in most spin-offs, such as in Kirby's Avalanche. Squishy is even featured as the boss of the second level in Kirby's Block Ball. Here, it was able to extend its tentacles, a technique which it would later use as a monster in the anime.
Squishy appears in Kirby Quest, a sub-game in Kirby Mass Attack. It opposes the Kirbys alongside Sweet Stuff and Flotzo in Stages 21, 23, and 33. It uses recolored Squister sprites and animations for its attack. Squishy has 80 HP and can hit one Kirby with each attack.
Squishy is a small white (or a light brownish-yellow in some games) squid with small beady eyes and eight tentacles. The two tentacles on either of its sides are noticeably longer than the six at the bottom, and are usually held upright at both sides of its head. It is near identical to the far more dangerous Squister, with the only difference being their coloration.
In the anime, Squishy's true form greatly resembles its appearance in the games, but is much larger. Its tentacles are thicker and more muscular in this appearance, and it is able to stretch them to grapple and hit its foes. As opposed to the small black eyes it has in the games, Squishy has glaring yellow eyes in this form. Prior to the fight, Squishy appears as a miniature version of its game design.
It is worth noting that the Squishys seen in Kirby's Return to Dream Land have light blue markings on the tops of their heads.
|“||This sushi monster's gonna clobber Kirby!”|
|— King Dedede • Kirby: Right Back at Ya!|
|“||Yeah. It sure is well-armed!”|
|— Escargoon • Kirby: Right Back at Ya!|
Squishy appears in the episode Dedede's Raw Deal. In this episode, King Dedede starts up a small sushi restaurant in Cappy Town, but this really ends up being a plot to defeat Kirby. The sushi restaurant expands from Cappy Town all the way through Kirby's house. Kirby ends up eating a small Sweet Potato, which prevents him from inhaling and gives him a case of the hiccups. Kirby hiccups on a plate containing a small version of Squishy. Enraged, the small Squishy grows into its true form; a hulking krakken-like monster with stretchy tentacles. Strangely, in the anime Squishy has electrical based attacks, similar to Master Green from the games. After Squishy hits him around and zaps him with some sparks, Kirby is scared out of his hiccups after Tiff yells at Kirby saying "Kirby, with those hiccups you'll never be able to eat again". Kirby then is able to inhale some of Squishy's sparks, making him Spark Kirby. After hurting Squishy with some spark attacks of his own, Kirby blasts Squishy into the air and unleashes one last huge spark attack. The mass of electricity collides with Squishy, destroying it and leaving Kirby with tons of sushi that rains down from the sky.
- Squishys look and act (to a lesser extent) much like Bloopers, a very common aquatic enemy from the Mario series.
- Squishy is also found in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, but appears only in one room in the forest near Moonlight Mansion, thus it is the most scarce enemy in the game. Squishy doesn't appear in the game after that (not counting its appearance in the intro).
- Both Squishy and Flotzo appear in the anime. Ironically, Flotzo (known for being slightly stronger than its counterpart) is portrayed as being cowardly and weak. Squishy, as mentioned above, is a giant monster in the show.
- There are two Squishys in the first stage of Onion Ocean that jump straight up into the air from the water below. If the player manages to knock one of them onto land without defeating it, it will simply stand in place and jump straight up every few seconds. This is most likely because the AI of these Squishys was programmed specifically to jump and not to move about.
- In Kirby's Avalanche, his AI is used by Sasoriman in Puyo Puyo.