Proposal for new template?
I was thinking we could probably use a template for the Smash Bros. articles that leads to their article on SmashWiki (somewhat similarly to this ). Thoughts?--Starman125talk|blog 16:34, August 26, 2015 (UTC)
- I don't see anything wrong with that idea. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 16:35, August 26, 2015 (UTC)
Broken Music Player
I'm not much for technical talk, but the music template is all outta whack. Just look at Green Greens, Butter Building, or, well, any other stage. Seems broken to me. Anybody know how to fix this? NerdyBoutKirby I did that with my mouth! 23:16, August 30, 2015 (UTC)
- I've been having the same issue. Keep on seeing the "verbatim" and stuff. Changtau can probably fix it. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 01:05, August 31, 2015 (UTC)
We have articles for Masahiro Sakurai and Makiko Ohmoto, two real-world people who have been vital to Kirby's existence. Should we create an article for the current director, Shinya Kumazaki? He's directed three games already (KSSU, KRtDL, and KTD, plus KFD and DDDD) and played a role in three others (KAR, KCC, and KatRC). NerdyBoutKirby I did that with my mouth! 12:10, September 1, 2015 (UTC)
The Kirby Wiki on Mobile Phones
Every once in a while, the guys at HAL draw Miiverse pictures (such as this: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkji2ulKw). Do you think we should count that as official artwork? NerdyBoutKirby Edit the happiness! 05:07, November 16, 2015 (UTC)
- I think so. It'd be useful to keep track of those. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 12:43, November 16, 2015 (UTC)
While going through the North American and Japanese Miiverses, I found that some drawings changed depending on the region. Should we get both versions of each? NerdyBoutKirby Edit the happiness! 01:38, November 17, 2015 (UTC)
- I think so, and I don't think that's the only kind of localization change. I believe for Christmas one said "Merry Christmas" and there's another, presumably for a different localization, that said "Happy Holidays." IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 01:51, November 17, 2015 (UTC)
- It does sound like extra work, but if you want to get both versions I'd have no problem with that.
- Also, I had another idea that would require even more effort- in addition to storing these on respective articles, perhaps we should make a new section on the main page dedicated to showing the newest Miiverse drawing and storing the past history. It'd be pretty handy for keeping all of them, including ones not related to specific elements, in one place. Paul2 Dream Land, meet your heroes! 12:53, November 17, 2015 (UTC)
- That sounds like a great idea, Paul2. How specifically were you envisioning it? I'll run it by Gioku if were can get the ball rolling.
- It's worth noting that my plans for crediting these Miiverse posts fall in line with the way Fire Emblem Wiki does it. Though I am still conflicted on whether they should go in Artwork or Gallery. Miiverse drawings are by definition artwork by the HAL guys, but the Artwork section seems to carry this vibe of promotional+in-game+box+manual art only. Meanwhile, the gallery is more aimed at displaying pictures of the game in motion. Tough call. NerdyBoutKirby Edit the happiness! 19:56, November 17, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm glad you like the idea! I was envisioning a box on the main page (perhaps on the right side underneath the 'Latest Title' box) that would show the latest Miiverse drawing and would have a link to a page with a table containing all of the drawings in the chronological order they are released. Of course, we would have to include drawings from the Dedede's Drum Dash/Kirby Fighters Deluxe behind the scenes page and Japanese versions if we want them.
- That would be a good spot for the 400-pixel-wide images to reside. Since you're the one with the vision, it'd be best if you pitched the idea to Gioku yourself. Maybe you could remind her about the KSSU Stone screenshots while you're there. NerdyBoutKirby Edit the happiness! 22:57, November 17, 2015 (UTC)
1. Where do you think we should put the Christmas Miiverse posts?
2. The sprite sheet I just uploaded is from the credits of KatRC. Should we count them as artwork, sprites, or gallery images?
- Perhaps in the Kirby: Triple Deluxe page, given that's where they were found; probably sprites. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 02:36, December 7, 2015 (UTC)
How Do you add youtube music files into the database?
Does anyone have a link to any of the European Miiverse pages for KTD, KFZ/DDDD, and/or KatRC? Since Miiverse drawings seem to vary between regions, it would be good to investigate those. NerdyBoutKirby Eyes on the prize. 08:08, January 17, 2016 (UTC)
- I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'll keep it in mind in case I see one. Paul2 2016 shall be MINE! 19:05, January 18, 2016 (UTC)
- I don't know of any. We generally don't state those kinds of things as fact; if something is uncertain, most pages note that it "may be" X. Probably the most common assumption I can think of is the gender of various enemies, and even those cases are infrequent. NerdyBoutKirby Eyes on the prize. 02:04, January 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Anybody got any cites connecting Rowlin to J.K. Rowling, Pappy Pottey and the Fool's Stone to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and Dis Walney to Walt Disney? While they seem to be obvious connections, there aren't any references that we have regarding these that explicitly say that one was based on the other, at least from what I can find on here. I brought up this topic about assumptions in regards to Kirby Fighters Z and Dragon Ball Z. I looked up a list of Japanese television shows, and only one other show came up that ended with a Z in the same fashion. It was Robot Girls Z, also made by Toei Animation, being a comedic parody about their mechs being anthropomorphized into magical girls. No other show seems to have a correlation with Kirby Fighters Z; Dragon Ball Z seems to be quite an obvious origin for the Japanese name. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 21:46, January 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Then what would that say regarding Kirby Fighters Z in comparison to Dragon Ball Z? Currently we have a "may be" instead of a full-on assertion for this case, but the other three cases are clear assertions instead of a slight skepticism due to no actual source. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 22:19, January 25, 2016 (UTC)
- It's worth noting that parodies often don't outright state what forms of media they are parodying, probably for legal reasons. If Kirby: Right Back at Ya! openly mentioned Harry Potter, Warpstar Inc. would have to credit HP and its author. I haven't studied up on this sort of thing though, so take this comment as you will.
- To answer your question, these full-on assertions and cautious assertions are generated by different people with different minds, all of whom take in the information present and come to their own conclusions. In the Pappy Pottey case, the show is pretty blatant about what it's parodying without explicitly mentioning the source material--young wizard who goes to a magic school and plays a ball-based sport on a broom, Harry Potter fits all of those things. So virtually everyone agrees that Pappy Pottey is definitely based on Harry Potter. It's hard to not see that when the show bends over backwards to make all these similarities.
- What's more difficult is when subtle references or homages are made. Case and point, Kirby Fighters Z. The reference is purely in the title, as the rest of the game is merely an expansion of an original sub-game, Kirby Fighters. It doesn't shape its identity around parody--Kirby doesn't have to collect seven Sparkling Balls, increase his inhale level, or defeat Buu Dedede. Since the sub-game doesn't bludgeon the player with Dragon Ball Z connections, some players think of the title as a reference while others think of it as a coincidence. Whether it's meant as an anime reference or not is then up to debate.
- I see what you mean about it not being chock-full of references, but it's focus is all about fighting, something in which Dragon Ball Z is clearly about as well; same goes for just about every Dragon Ball Z game: they're fighting games. But yes, I see what you mean. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 02:20, January 26, 2016 (UTC)
- I have them all right here: http://www.kirbysrainbowresort.net/info/np/
- This is a good resource, but I don't think it's up to date. On the bottom of the page you linked, it said 'Last Updated- 1.31.05'. There are at least two other issues with Kirby-related content released since then that I can think of. One was a cover story about 'Double Kirby' when two games came out in 2011, and another had a Kirby's Epic Yarn article. I think we should get sources for those as well, just in case there's info on them we might find useful. Paul2 2016 shall be MINE! 13:20, January 20, 2016 (UTC)
- That would matter if we actually had the info in those issues to begin with. We've got scans of issues 39 and 134, and I own issues 72 and 143. For now, those are the only magazines we can glean any information from, unless one of us obtains another issue or can find scans. NerdyBoutKirby Eyes on the prize. 18:23, January 20, 2016 (UTC)
KSS Debug Mode?
Minor KRtDL GlitchTails41yoshi (talk) 20:17, January 29, 2016 (UTC)
With a Nintendo Direct happening today, I feel there's a strong possibility that a new Kirby game will be announced. If that happens, may I be the one who kicks off the new article? In all my years on Kirby Wiki, I've never had a chance to do that. NerdyBoutKirby Eyes on the prize. 13:53, March 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Sure, of course. I can't say for sure if I myself believe there'll be one announced. (I hope so, though!) Either way, I'll be sure to be watching. I can help you out if there is one announced. Paul2 2016 shall be MINE! 17:39, March 3, 2016 (UTC)
- It's been over a year and a half since any new K game has been unveiled, so the time seems right. If I were to guess, it would be a KSS or KSqSq-inspired game for the 3DS featuring the KRtDL/KTD engine. I'd also wager that a new amiibo (possibly Bandana Waddle Dee) will be announced as a bundle exclusive. I could be wrong, though. NerdyBoutKirby Eyes on the prize. 18:50, March 3, 2016 (UTC)
If there's a new game I hope metaknight's in it Cosmo is a Featherman
- You do your thing if a new game is revealed. I'm personally hoping my hypothesis on that a Squeak Squad successor will occur, as it'd be the tenth year anniversary (although Mass Attack acts like a 5-year anniversary). I am still hoping for the Return to Dream Land formula as well. Curious as to what new abilities, and particular returning abilities will be present. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 20:46, March 3, 2016 (UTC)
While the Kirby Wiki: Claimed Articles page has been a step in the right direction, I believe that we need to increase the visibility of that page, as new pages still seem to be cropping up. Though announcements have been made on the Kirby Wiki Twitter page, I still don't think that that Twitter page is well known enough yet to get the attention of these new users. Is there any type of template we can use to make a special announcement at the top of the Home page to maximize visibility? I think it would help stave some of these claimed articles for now. Paul2 ➨ ➨ You've been... robobotized! 11:24, May 22, 2016 (UTC)
- The only idea that I can really come up with at the moment is having some sort of reservation template that is on a claimed article; the article itself will exist, but we will only allow edits from the claimer. Anyone else who tries to edit it, unless given permission by the claimer, will be reverted (manually, and probably also by the claimer; I don't know how well bots would work with this, not that we have many bots). This way people know that the article is being worked on instead of assuming it doesn't exist at all and that it needs to be made. Granted, a problem that may arise would be uninvited editing to the page, but a template would be more obvious than what's on the front page of the wiki, in my opinion. Just a quick idea. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 12:55, May 22, 2016 (UTC)
- We could create a template similar to the Conjectural template (Kirby: Planet Robobot, which I suspect they are. NerdyBoutKirby Feeble-minded Kirbys! 17:02, May 22, 2016 (UTC) ) that could be placed at the end of red links on the KPR page. It could say RESERVED or CLAIMED in small letters and link back to the Claimed Articles page. That might help if the majority of these editors are creating their pages from the list of red links on
- It seems we have multiple fairly good ideas. In the case of Iqs's idea, it would probably stop this type of thing fom happening, but it would probably involve restructuring our entire claiming system. Nerdy's idea would help, and I think that's a relatively quick and easy fix. Paul2 ➨ ➨ You've been... robobotized! 20:56, May 22, 2016 (UTC)
Bjstevens messageThis is Tokkori. He was first mean in episode 2. Kirby: Right Back At Ya! Is coming out in 2002. To watch a sneak peek of the new show click the video. Also Vol. 2 is coming out for Kirby. If you want to see it click this video too for Kirby Vol. 2 DVD.
This issue has come to my attention, and I think we need to do something about it. I'm not talking about names of new articles, conjectural titles, or derivative titles. I'm talking about some objects which names' are rather inconsistent throughout the series. Examples include Planet Popstar, 02, and Main Canon No. 2. What decides how we name them? By their most common name, by their most recent name, or by something else entirely? IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 18:00, July 21, 2016 (UTC)
- As an English wiki, Japanese names are not of particular importance with the exceptions of names that weren't localized, although that's not to say that some aren't noteworthy. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 18:10, July 21, 2016 (UTC)
- Usually it comes down to most recent. In cases like Planet Popstar or Warp Star--names strewn across hundreds of pages that we'd have to change manually--we tend to wait and see if the retcon sticks. KTD tried to change Warp Star to "Warpstar," only to have the name changed back in KPR. It's a good thing we didn't change every instance of Warp Star, otherwise we'd have had a colossal mess to clean up. We should remember this situation for future reference.
Mobile Device Issues
I would actually like to make a new signature, but I can't seem to find the part where you change your signature. Is there even one on mobile devices? (Speaking of which, I don't even know how to make one) Tails41yoshi (talk) 07:24, July 23, 2016 (UTC)
- I can tell you how to make a signature on desktop, but I'm not sure if the same process ca be applied on mobile. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 09:42, July 23, 2016 (UTC)
Actually, never mind, I got my PC back! I had actually even forgotten that I had to go to "My Preferences"! How's it look? The mind is a weapon... Lose your mind, lose your control. (talk) 11:23, July 23, 2016 (UTC)