Proposal for new template?
I was thinking we could probably use a template for the Smash Bros. articles that leads to their article on SmashWiki (somewhat similarly to this ). Thoughts?--Starman125talk|blog 16:34, August 26, 2015 (UTC)
- I don't see anything wrong with that idea. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 16:35, August 26, 2015 (UTC)
Broken Music Player
I'm not much for technical talk, but the music template is all outta whack. Just look at Green Greens, Butter Building, or, well, any other stage. Seems broken to me. Anybody know how to fix this? NerdyBoutKirby I did that with my mouth! 23:16, August 30, 2015 (UTC)
- I've been having the same issue. Keep on seeing the "verbatim" and stuff. Changtau can probably fix it. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 01:05, August 31, 2015 (UTC)
We have articles for Masahiro Sakurai and Makiko Ohmoto, two real-world people who have been vital to Kirby's existence. Should we create an article for the current director, Shinya Kumazaki? He's directed three games already (KSSU, KRtDL, and KTD, plus KFD and DDDD) and played a role in three others (KAR, KCC, and KatRC). NerdyBoutKirby I did that with my mouth! 12:10, September 1, 2015 (UTC)
The Kirby Wiki on Mobile Phones
Every once in a while, the guys at HAL draw Miiverse pictures (such as this: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkji2ulKw). Do you think we should count that as official artwork? NerdyBoutKirby Edit the happiness! 05:07, November 16, 2015 (UTC)
- I think so. It'd be useful to keep track of those. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 12:43, November 16, 2015 (UTC)
While going through the North American and Japanese Miiverses, I found that some drawings changed depending on the region. Should we get both versions of each? NerdyBoutKirby Edit the happiness! 01:38, November 17, 2015 (UTC)
- I think so, and I don't think that's the only kind of localization change. I believe for Christmas one said "Merry Christmas" and there's another, presumably for a different localization, that said "Happy Holidays." IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 01:51, November 17, 2015 (UTC)
- It does sound like extra work, but if you want to get both versions I'd have no problem with that.
- Also, I had another idea that would require even more effort- in addition to storing these on respective articles, perhaps we should make a new section on the main page dedicated to showing the newest Miiverse drawing and storing the past history. It'd be pretty handy for keeping all of them, including ones not related to specific elements, in one place. Paul2 Dream Land, meet your heroes! 12:53, November 17, 2015 (UTC)
- That sounds like a great idea, Paul2. How specifically were you envisioning it? I'll run it by Gioku if were can get the ball rolling.
- It's worth noting that my plans for crediting these Miiverse posts fall in line with the way Fire Emblem Wiki does it. Though I am still conflicted on whether they should go in Artwork or Gallery. Miiverse drawings are by definition artwork by the HAL guys, but the Artwork section seems to carry this vibe of promotional+in-game+box+manual art only. Meanwhile, the gallery is more aimed at displaying pictures of the game in motion. Tough call. NerdyBoutKirby Edit the happiness! 19:56, November 17, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm glad you like the idea! I was envisioning a box on the main page (perhaps on the right side underneath the 'Latest Title' box) that would show the latest Miiverse drawing and would have a link to a page with a table containing all of the drawings in the chronological order they are released. Of course, we would have to include drawings from the Dedede's Drum Dash/Kirby Fighters Deluxe behind the scenes page and Japanese versions if we want them.
- That would be a good spot for the 400-pixel-wide images to reside. Since you're the one with the vision, it'd be best if you pitched the idea to Gioku yourself. Maybe you could remind her about the KSSU Stone screenshots while you're there. NerdyBoutKirby Edit the happiness! 22:57, November 17, 2015 (UTC)