Sorry to be so negative...
But this wiki is poorly organized and casually written. Let's do something to increase the depth in our work! I wrote the Ganondorf page, all of it, in under half an hour. For a pointer, go to www.mariowiki.com, it'll show us what we can acheive.
^I can't believe this was accepted that quickly.
Tell you the truth, I can't either. I just left a message for Angela, and here we are now! ^_^ Max2
... I still ned help with the main page... Max2 can someone, well, help?
well... I have a logo... I just can't upload .png Max2 Mine have to be .PNG will that work???
can you guys upload .png files??? Max2 I repeat. we can change thev logo. I have a change.
- If you upload it, someone else will be able to take it and move it to the right location if you can't name it Wiki.png. Angela talk 08:10, 9 April 2007 (UTC)
we did it already. Thanks anyway! Max2 ^_^
- Just a note about the logo. Usually if you go to Media:Wiki.png, which would otherwise be what you'd link to from clicking on the file's link on Image:Wiki.png you could refresh it to get the new image and it would start showing in the logo area with the proper images. Though that's not the case here.
- The logo is served from 
- But the image as followed from Media or the Image page is 
Man, this sucks. I loved this wikia to... Isyou 02:00, 12 April 2007 (UTC) Lets try to contribute more! And also, I added the link to the kirby wiki on wikipedia's kirby article. Il'l go check if its still there...
The link's all over MarioWiki and it's forums... and Wikia... and Wikipedia... and I sent the adress to KRR... Max2
Darn trolls... 126.96.36.199 03:21, 21 April 2007 (UTC)
I am so horrible at contributing im no good at all even though i might be able to revive it:(Seriousseriesfanatic 17:48, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
Kirbypedia opened up in Kirby's Rainbow Resort too, wasn't these same projects? It's fair more comprehensive and better organized. What's this all about? If you don't know just check www.kirbypedia.com Katshuma 15:17, 7 May 2007 (UTC)
But I just noticed that to edit it you must E-mail registered users. (You can't register! OMG!) Katshuma 15:54, 7 May 2007 (UTC)
Hullo! I've just given your Main Page a bit of an overhaul, similar to the current new Wikia wiki style. Feel free to revert if you don't like it, but it should make it easier to add stuff :) Kirkburn (talk) 19:58, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
I've added the hit point count to some of the enamies in Kirby Super Star Ultra. It may or may not need a special box or something to make it look better. Anyone with the game can find the exact HP count of most enimies by using the "guard" and letting the enemies hit kirby. Based on the Computer Virus the guard does 1HP damage for each hit. If what I am doing is useful please tell me. If it is not please tell me and I will try to stop. 222223
Hi guys, I just joined and I was just wondering why this wiki's logo is so small, and if it changed for the holidays (Like, a halloween themed one on halloween). Also, there are 2 logos on the Wikia search for it, but I can't figure out how to change to the other one. Thanks! Touch! Kirby 05:33, 1 April 2008 (UTC)
Wikia Gaming IRC channel
You may be interested to know there is a Wikia gaming IRC channel, #wikia-gaming on chat.freenode.net, where you can hop on, ask for help from users of other gaming wikis, or offer your own experiences. If you are not familiar with IRC clients, you can access it from http://irc.wikia.com/gaming.
Different people may be on sporadically, but we organize weekly chats at a fixed time so we can get the most number of people online at the same time to ask and answer questions, or just to hang out. The admins of some of Wikia's biggest gaming wikis (e.g. WoW, Halo) often attend them. You can find the time for the next chat by following this link.
where is everyone
Super Smash Bros. Info
You know, I thought this was a Kirby wiki, not a Super Smash Bros. wiki.--188.8.131.52 14:25, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
I understand Kirby's in Super smash Bros., But I don't think it's necessary to give out every detail on a series where Kirby isn't the only main protagonist.--184.108.40.206 21:31, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
Yeah, we should.--220.127.116.11 17:40, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
There should only be one article on super smash bros and that should be "kirby in super smash bros" all the rest can go
Main page layout and monaco skin
Hi all, your friendly local Wikia Gaming helper here!
I've been working on a new main page layout. Hopefully you have read about the skin and ad changes at Wikia's New Style on Central Wikia. If not, I hope you'll have a look.
One of the changes is a block of two ads on each main page. It's possible that they won't always show up, but to ensure your main page continues to work properly when they do, you need to update your main page column formatting code with new column tags.
I have drafted a main page using the new tags on User:Kirkburn/Dev which I hope you can take a look at - feel free to edit it of course. The main change to the layout is the fixed width of the right column. This still allows a lot of customisation - for example see these main pages - w:c:muppet, w:c:wowwiki, w:c:ffxi.
If you encounter any problems with the new tags, please let me know.
You also need to consider the move to Monaco skin. I have started with a new skin which you can see on  - code is on MediaWiki:Monaco.css. For examples of customisation, see Memory Alpha, Millitary Wikia, Rappelz or even (if you really want to see what can be done) UK Transport Wikia. You can find out more about customizing the skin on w:c:help:Help:Customizing Monaco.
- If there are no objections, I would like the get the main page up by the end of the week. As for the skin, it is likely someone else will take over from me on that shortly :) Kirkburn (talk) 12:22, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- I have switched the wiki to the new custom skin, contained on MediaWiki:Monaco.css. Would you like the updated logo noted above? Kirkburn (talk) 12:33, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
I have something to say...
Bob, I think the Super Smash Bros. articles have gone out of control and that we should destroy them.--18.104.22.168 16:05, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
- Hello?--22.214.171.124 02:16, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
- I dissagree, however they should be shortened. Solar flute
we should have userbixes in this wiki. Solar flute
- The "Languages" feature isn't working for some reason.--KirbyFan (talk|contributions) 22:19, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, it's only working on some pages.--KirbyFan (talk|contributions) 22:23, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, I found out what was causing this. No need to tell me.--KirbyFan (talk|contributions) 22:30, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, it's only working on some pages.--KirbyFan (talk|contributions) 22:23, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
Table of Contents
we need an admin to unprotect the main page. I am trying to get the next fight in the orange ocean.
Well well, look who needs help. --Blue Ninjakoopa 16:58, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
never mind, just capitalize that "W".
According to wikia help and wikimedia, blocking the main page is considered harmful. Solar flute
Japanese Kirby Wiki
Hello! :) I'm from Japanese Kirby Wiki. I'm not sure if this topic is proper to be posted here, but can we join English Kirby Wiki and Japanese Kirby Wiki together, like you're doing with De version and Es version? Waiting for your reply. - Hobii 07:04, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
- Hi there! Honestly, I wasn't involved in joining the other Kirby Wikis together, so I'm not sure how we would go about doing so. Blue Ninjakoopa might know, but I haven't seen him in a while. So If you'd like to explain to me how we join together, I'm sure I could be able to come to a decision. Thanks. EmptyStar 01:18, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you for your reply, and sorry if my English is awkward. xD; Hm... actually I've also never tried joining a wiki and another wiki before; I'm comparatively a newbie at wiki thing. ^.^; In order to join plural wikis together, I guess we could do so by putting [[lang-code:article-name]] at the end of each article. Well, I know the article of Wikia Help on it, but since it's in English and I'm not an original English speaker, I might be misunderstanding something... Link: Do I need some of application to the Wikia staff? - Hobii 05:26, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
Excuse me if I didn't read this all the way through, but I'm afraid this won't work. Set the language in your preferences.16:37, 26 January 2009 (UTC)
- Er, I don't quite get what you mean here; sorry for my ignorance... x_X; Do you mean that we have to do something in the preference page to make the function available, or something is not good to link us each other? Replying would be appreciated. --Hobii 09:31, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
No main page?
- Don't worry. Apparently Central Wikia is changing a few things so some pages will be down (temporally I presume). We, unfortunately, have our main page down (yeah, that's a one in almost 900 chance). I haven't checked to see what other pages are down, though.EmptyStar 20:57, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
Apparently this video has been removed due to violations or something. Should it be deleted? --The Muffin Lucario 19:10, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- I think you may ahve just answered your own question. 126.96.36.199 21:18, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
Hi, I don't know wheather it is wanted, but if you'd like to dismiss the toc, just insert
__NOTOC__. I think it looks better without the toc. Did you ever request a spotlight for Kirby Wiki? I don't know because my settings are most of the time German. If you haven't requested until now, I think it would be nice to see a Kirby spotlight in whole Wikia :) just try (I plan to do for German wiki soon, would be nice to have both running at the same time!) Marc-Philipp (MtaÄ) Helper @ Wikia (Talk) 16:42, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
I think we should stop adding "you" on pages.
I think we should stop adding "you" on pages. BrawlFan181 18:22, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry for double post. BrawlFan181 18:22, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- We try not to. Mostly the people putting "you" are people without accounts, so there's no one to really blame. But if you do see any, replace them with Kirby/the player. Thanks! EmptyStar 19:56, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- Oh right, I'll do! BrawlFan181 16:47, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
Just a question
Are name origins a good idea?
Idea, but is it good?
Something we could do is put the damage attacks do and health enemies have on their respective pages. This might be only possible to with characters in Super Star and Super Star Ultra. But should we? I will wait for feedback before I do anything, or do stuff about health and attack power that could stuff things up. Rainbowkirby749 06:25, 30 March 2009 (UTC)Rainbowkirby749
I asked a while ago, but I don't think anyone noticed. Should I/we put up how much health enemies have in their respective pages? It's okay to say no/yes/I don't know/maybe. Please reply. Rainbowkirby749 06:43, 21 July 2009 (UTC)Rainbowkirby749
Why are the mix abilities in Kirby 64 (almost) all stubs?
- They're basically stubs b/c i haven't gotten around to rewriting them yet. So far I've done Ice Skating and Double Needle. I'm simply fixing up the regular ability articles first. I'll get around to them, though! EmptyStar 01:42, 2 April 2009 (UTC)
Kirby 64 Enemies
New Featured Article?
I know you guys have forums. But, if you ask me, Wiki-style forums are severely limited. So, if anyone wants, I could make some more professional-looking forums for the wiki. Ugoz 07:28, November 26, 2009 (UTC)
creating a new section to the kirby super star stacker page
how do I put a new section like trivia in some pages?(GOoM)
- Uh.. there are articles that need images. You could start there. 01:17, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
Kirby series.... Canceled?
Why is there a 32-bit Kirby next to the URL?
It appears in Mozilla Firefox.
Why did you think that would be a new URL icon?
188.8.131.52 16:14, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I changed it. BNK [E|T|C] 22:35, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Bingo, BNK. Camwoodstock 20:42, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
I was wondering where we stand exactly on friendly terms with WiKirby because I think it would be selfish if either of us refused to help each other out with stuff.Marx Wraith 04:44, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
- We're in good terms with them, and I'm a good buddy of Neo's. BNK [E|T|C] 21:09, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for telling me,good to know. :) Marx Wraith 22:19, August 24, 2010 (UTC)
I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!!!!
i thought of a posable new kirby carecter!!!Hes Half Light and Half darkness. here is a Quick sceach of it:
Hey!shouldent we change the superstar arena by now? im geting boered!
Main Page as displayed by different browsers (2011-03-29)
|Internet Explorer 12|
Notice the rounded corners and drop shadows in the menu elements, as well as the gradient fill behind the main gallery in the second screen capture. As these effects are not supported by Internet Explorer as of the time of this message, the main page is the only mainspace where they are used at this time, and very subtly so as to minimize the difference between browsers. These effects, although powerful, can result in a tacky appearance if overused and do not have much practical application outside of the main page as they break up the consistent look of the wiki, and their use should be highly specific and minimized.
These effects make use of the templates:
Changtau2005 15:02, March 29, 2011 (UTC)
Quotation box appearance
|Internet Explorer 8||Chrome, Safari, Firefox [Webkit-based browsers]|
Fixed ugly borders for IE but IE8 still has square borders and both IE8 and IE9 still has white boxes (because the gradient starts off from white). No text shadows on the quotation marks in either case. Changtau2005 22:39, April 1, 2011 (UTC)
Involuntary image flooding. Prevention?
Every time the changes are saved, the pictures from all the transcluded templates are put onto the recent changes list even though they are not changed, which can number quite a few (close to 100). Is there a way to prevent this from happening besides removing the images themselves in the first place?
Changtau2005 03:31, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
Add information about talk pages please
i know how to create a topic (or i wouldnt be writing this) but how do you add to a topic? if its the edit button, yes i can see the edit button, but im not sure if it is. can someone add info on us ing the talk pages or AT LEAST TELL ME HOW TO ADD TO A TOPIC! -puff
Excuse me, but how do you become an admin? I really want to know. Thanks! Jirachi8 03:24, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
- Kirby_Wiki:Requests_for_adminship You need to nominate yourself. Understanding and responsible use of all available sys-op privileges, managing fellow editors and edits, being able to work with the rest of the admin and editing team, and most of all having a steady commitment to the wiki is very important. All that comes from editing here for a long time and understanding how things are run on the wiki. Having made many high-quality contributions will help in building up your notoriety - i.e. more people know about your value as an editor.
- Before nominating yourself, you'll need to know why you need those sys-op powers to do what you need to do. Why not just rollback rights, etc. because being an administrator usually is a very large responsibility. For bureaucrats to promote you to an administrator, you must demonstrate to them before your nomination that the trust and responsibility they are putting on your shoulders is well-placed.
- In your case right now, if that's what you're working towards, find out about how the wiki is run and make good, regular contributions for an extended period of time (months to a year, if not longer) and build up an image as a responsible and dedicated editor.
- I wish you all the best.
You know what stinks? No one seems to respect the deletion template. Every time I put one on a page that needs destruction, the person who made the article removes it and complains about it. If only those people would just accept that the articles they made aren't very good! NerdyBoutKirby That's what I am. Savvy? 20:19, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
- This shouldn't be happening, but it happens. It doesn't matter who removes the template - it shouldn't be removed outright unless the template is being abused for vandalism purposes etc. However, it should be stated clearly why that article is being nominated, not simply because "I don't like it" etc. Try along the lines of "spam" or "no info" or "false info". Be specific, and put personal feelings out of this.
- Articles have no ownership, but people tend to get attached to those that they create anyways - it's the same on Wikipedia. Every new edit is gone through at some point in the next few hours regardless, so we'll know if the deletion template or any other function has been invoked or reversed for correct or incorrect reasons at any point in time.
- On Wikipedia, patrollers add the deletion template, and because they have millions of pages, administrators only have to go through those already tagged for deletion. On Kirby Wiki, administrators do the patrolling as well because we don't have tens of thousands of administrators + patrollers, and since admins have deletion powers, they can and do delete pages at their discretion according to general standard of quality, or if they decide the article is feasible, stub it, or tag it any other way.
- If there's a difference in opinion about the nomination for deletion or in fact any nomination, it says on the template to talk about it on the talk page. Removing the template isn't going to help anybody in resolving the situation.
How to get Galaxia Sword in Kirby Quest?
- Beat stage 39 to get it and hit the perfect timing in stage 40 to use it. Poyo! 06:56, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
Everybody's gonna think this idea stinks, but I think a page could stand that's a list of non-Nintendo references to Kirby. I've only got two examples, so I can't make the article or it would be deleted instantly. These examples are a Penguins of Madagascar episode and the credits of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Does anyone else have a list of non-Nintendo Kirby references? NerdyBoutKirby That's what I am. Savvy? 19:52, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
- It's really wide open to interpretation about what is a reference and what isn't - it's even more vague than cameos. While those two are perfectly valid mediums to refer to the pink hero, it's really difficult to draw a line in the sand where certain references from certain sources are included, and certain sources are not. That current line lies on the fact that List of cameos covers cameos from Nintendo's own characters in a different series of their own.
- Those two examples are reasonably well-received films, but what if references spring up from obscure B / C-rated films, or advertisements, printed media... you get the idea - where do we stop is the question. It's vague and certain things can be difficult to cross-check and verify. It's a valid idea, but it's going to be real tough to maintain and implement it. For mainly those reasons, I don't think we should create it as an article. That's not to say you can't create such a list on your blog. Poyo! 20:11, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
There have been a lot of slow days here at Kirby Wiki. I used to find the entire day's work listed under wiki activity. Now I find stuff from the day and yesterday, because that day has little done. I'm sure KRtDL will draw some people back, but I feel like the wiki is dying... NerdyBoutKirby That's what I am. Savvy? 20:22, October 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Wiki activity fluctuates along with new game releases or new info. On the shorter time scale, generally weekends get 50% more page views according to Special:AdminDashboard - about 30-35k compared to 15-20k on weekdays. Now of course, we'd be lucky to get more than 30 productive edits in a typical day - don't count non-mainspace edits in Mediawiki / templates / categories / images of course - so less than 0.1% of viewers are contributors in that sense.
- I don't think it's that this wiki is "dying out". Kirby has never had a following as large as say, Zelda or Mario, and the reading audience tends to be a bit younger. I forgot my source, but I read from a reputable news source that Kirby games tend to be marketed towards younger audiences in Japan (certainly not exclusive to young audiences of course), and the older audiences in the US, so we have a demographic split right there, which may affect contributions in some way - overrepresenting, say, the dub of the anime rather than the original, because the Japanese original had a toddler target audience. Plus we're still waiting for the official site for KRtDL to go up fully, so the past few days are a bit slow. When low activity corresponds with a lull in info, then it's just normal phenomenon.
- As for my own activity it's unlikely that I'll clock 1k edits in a few days like in April - June ever again unless I start running a bot for some reason simply because the work that's needed to be done is already done - the site skin, template overhauls etc. have all been finished or nearly finished. My job is making stuff look nice and consistent and making sure they work together, making sure the site has maximum compatibility and editing accessibility (very important) for as many people as possible, and minimizing maintenance overheads where I see opportunities to, generally - stuff that others don't have the expertise or time to do. Adding information... not my personal priority =) There's enough other things on this wiki for me to worry about already. Poyo! 00:01, October 5, 2011 (UTC)
hey, ive been randomly looking around some wikis (and finding some new ones) and several of them have articles on information on beta stuff about the games. (i only go on videogame wikis) i found it very interesting, so i typed "beta" into the searchbox, and nothing like that came up. i was wondering if this wiki could possibly get some articles on that. if we should, i'll help as best i can! :) :) :) :) -puff
- You didn't mention where you found those beta stuff and what other wikis. If you don't count Kirby's Rainbow Resort which is not a wiki, there's only a few English Kirby wikis, which is this Kirby Wiki, NIWA's Wikirby, KRR's Kirbypedia and the other one on Neoseeker which is locked down. The first four generally have good information, but we are, arguably, currently the most complete one. I know there's a couple of Nintendo wikis, but they're generally less specific about Kirby games. Post the URLs of your sources so the reliability of the information can be determined. Beta information tend to have conflicts and tend to be difficult to confirm independently. Poyo! 13:48, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
Do we need 100 edits or more to chat?BlackieTheHedgehog 23:52, October 24, 2011 (UTC)BlackieTheHedgehog
- No such limitation that I know of unless Wikia changed it. (where'd you get that info from?) It's just an optionally-enabled wiki
featureextension which runs a public chatroom centrally-moderated by Wikia's bot-run Phalanx anti-spam system. Poyo! 00:03, October 25, 2011 (UTC)
There is a new Chrome logo, but it still displays the old logo. Could an admin please fix that?
THE BIGGEST KIRBY FAN 05:16, November 2, 2011 (UTC)
Mario has appeared in Super Smash Bros., Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Kirby Super Star, and Kirby Super Star Ultra, as a cameo or playable character. I know there have been several failed attempts at making him an article, but I really think he should have one. After all, R.O.B. and Samus have their own articles. NerdyBoutKirby That's what I am. Savvy? 20:37, November 11, 2011 (UTC)
I see this was made like 2 years ago, but I'll just add to this instead of creating a new article. I also think Mario should have a page considering he's in the audience during Kirby's fight with Dedede in Super Star, and they seem to have a relationship in Brawl. He is, after all, Nintendo's mascot, and Kirby's a part of Nintendo. I'd also say Kirby and Mario are parts of Nintendo's biggest franchises, the other two being Zelda and Pokemon. Metroid has kinda been forgotten and Donkey Kong is an extension of Mario... But I digress. Kirpow (talk) 16:07, January 7, 2014 (UTC)
I see lots of new pictures appear on Kirby Wiki. But when I click on them, they show that they don't exist on any page and have been uploaded by users, usually new people who don't have a profile. So if they're not put anywhere, where are they coming from or going? Anybody know? NerdyBoutKirby That's what I am. Savvy? 23:39, December 3, 2011 (UTC)
For the past two days, wikia contributors have been commiting random vandalisms all over the place. Very few of the edits they do are productive, and the ones that are often have poor grammar or spelling. You can never trust a wikia contributor, and I'm going to propose something crazy: Locking every page on the wiki so only people with accounts can edit. This way, vandals at least have to wait an hour or so to do the damage, and might not even bother beacause it's too much trouble.
Granting everyone permission to edit is like giving everyone on Earth machine guns. Is there any way this can be implemented, or will the wave of heavy vandalism just keep coming? NerdyBoutKirby That's what I am. Savvy? 20:15, December 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Oftentimes vandals are just people with too much time on their hands wanting nothing more than some attention. An overreaction or impulsive response would be giving them just what they wanted. Random vandalism here and there is normal, and its rate is correlated with base number of page views. If the wiki is being actively patrolled and logs being checked regularly the content shouldn't persist beyond a few hours, usually minutes if a patroller or editor is actively patrolling or editing during that time.
- Locking down the entire wiki is possible, but only by Wikia staff and for good reason. By the way, manually protecting all pages such that only registered users can edit them can be done by administrators, but it's against Wikia's license to do so. There's plenty of good edits to the wiki performed by anonymous contributors - it's the few vandals here and there who give them a bad name. I myself was an anonymous IP with not over 200 edits just two years ago - while anonymous edits require more attention just because a greater proportion of vandals are anonymous, access to the wiki must remain universal.
- Heavy vandalism is nothing like the usual cases. These are automated, coordinated attacks across multiple wikis using scripts and they change or create hundreds of pages at once either to change the content or perform a denial of service attack. Now that's something beyond petty vandals and that's something to be concerned about. If you see that happening, Google "VSTF" - that's for Wikia's volunteer-based Vandalism and Spam Task Force and report to them on their wiki either through Talk or Chat, or use Special: Contact to contact Wikia staff about it. Only then will they lock down the wiki if they deem necessary and fix it via backup databases or using special extension tools like Nuke (mass delete) or otherwise.
- For the minor cases of vandalism, just hit that undo button (or rollback for users with the rights) and the wiki is as good as new. It takes somebody about 10-20x longer to actually change a page than a rollbacker undoing all of that through Special:RecentChanges. Poyo! 20:39, December 11, 2011 (UTC)
This really needs to be taken care of. I've been seeing "shoes" described as part of the character instead of feet all over various enemy and character articles. Obviously, no character in the Kirby series wears shoes UNLESS it's made perfectly clear that they do.--Starman125 Eh, nice armor. Uh, sure, thanks. 04:21, January 6, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree: they all are obviously feet, but they are not very obviously shoes. So, they should all be referred to as feet, as that is what they (at least) definitely are. I will get started correcting the problem ASAP.--Giokutalkuser 19:40, January 6, 2012 (UTC)
- there is no telling weather it's shoes or feet, however the characters nerver take them off, so it's most likely feet. But at the same time, it might be shoes (according to the structure of some characters), so all we can say for sure is :were not sure - January 7, 2012 - anonymous
epic yarn bosses are locations?
Why are all the bosses in Kirby's epic yarn referred to as places? Will someone fix it or explain why it's like this? - January 7, 2012 - anonymousThe levels the bosses are in are called "King Dedede," "Squashini," etc. Besides, that's the only way to hop from the boss fight to the next level.
- The same is true for Kirby's Adventure and NiDL, though, and we don't list those as locations. I'm glad someone else brought this up, it was bothering me for a while but kept forgetting about it. This is changing. EmptyStar (talk) 02:30, September 19, 2012 (UTC)
My filter program
MY OWN filter program has a problem with this site. It's K9 Web Protection, and it blocked this page: Sphere Doomer. Is this page suspicious!? I can't go to it because of it! SO horrible! C'mon, answer quickly or I'll rage!
Oh crap, even these pages:
K9 Protection is a jerk!
It blocks user pages too! How could this even happen!?
Here's a proof that the Doomer pages are not suspicious, when I checked, no sign of malware!
X looks similar to Y from Z
Kirby Site Report
If you are using Mozilla Firefox and go to this Kirby site named Kirby's Rainbow Resort, you'll see that it's a "attack site". If you want to check that it's a malware site, please check at your own risk. Do you know the domain site? If not, then search on Google and type in "Kirby's Rainbow Resort" in the search bar. (capitals not recommended) and hit enter. Click on the first link included in the search engine. Surprised?
- Two possible reasons: One, a false positive for their login cookie or one of their scripts. Two, their server has been compromised by third party attacks. The site has a clean history and their people running it know what they're doing so the nature of the problem is likely to be benign. Why not just PM their site staff to tell them about it if you're concerned about their server security? Kirby wiki may have history and good ties with KRR but the two are otherwise unrelated. Poyo! 02:46, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
Did you know that Google reported that site? I swear it was them. Have you checked the downloads and the forum? If I recall correctly, in MyWot I typed in KRR's URL. Everything was green. And by still searching on Google it's still reported. Was it true, or Google's really weird? (I removed its bookmark because of that.) It's mostly possible that hackers put inappropriate and malicious content. Everyone who used KRR must be proposing the site.
184.108.40.206 13:32, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
- I've gone there many times and have not once caught a virus. NerdyBoutKirbyThat's what I am. Savvy? 19:36, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Mr. Anon do you understand what you're talking about yourself? I just gave the reasons why Google would have listed it as a potentially harmful site. I know they use third party content like banners which may also be responsible but mentioning tech details here will not help anyone. Like I said before, the situation is unusual but if you're concerned about their server security send a PM to their site staff, not by talking here. Chances are they already know about it and they are the only people who can solve the problem. This thread is closed. Poyo! 20:52, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
Things found in the 20th anniversary page
Hi, im new and I want to telll you that right in this page http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/s72j/index.html (it is from the anniversary site) you can see (near to the bottom) that the challenges are divided by three different levels. If you click on an "image" it will show you a video. I suggest to add something about those 3 levels on the home screen so everybody would notice. Also, in the third level, first video, you can see kirby actually is using the smash ability (with the new addition of the kick that fighter does) AND ,below of level 3, you can see a vs mode, that is currently unknown if it is multiplayer , or not. So, finally, i think you should add this info on its respective pages and on the home screen. Thanks. PLANTS AND ZOMBIEZZZZZ (talk) 23:52, July 19, 2012 (UTC))
does anybody else think that a page should be made of the pocket dimensions from kirby adventure wii (return to dreamland)
220.127.116.11 01:36, September 20, 2012 (UTC) me
The New Layout
As of 10/3/12, the layout has been weird. I know it's changed, but it's for the worse. When I edit, the edit summary, preview button, publish button, categories, photo button, etc. all appear down on the screen, so I have to manually scroll down to the bottom of the page. This could be annoying when creating pages requiring numerous galleries, photos, and other such things. Is this just a glitch on my end, or is this the big "improvement" they mentioned a month ago? NerdyBoutKirby Editing the wiki for WAY too long. 20:56, October 3, 2012 (UTC)
This link may be reliable. It may not. But all the same, it's exciting! Will Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble appear on the Wii U? Will Kirby get a strange new title on the 3DS come the end of 2013? And will this new title bear striking similarities to the third attempt at Kirby GCN? If this ends up on the news of our homepage, credit would be appreciated. http://www.examiner.com/article/wii-u-s-generation-plans-revealed NerdyBoutKirby Thanks, Bill. 03:55, February 1, 2013 (UTC)
We really need to figure out some geography here... We know where cappy town is, thanks to Squeak Squad... And I think I figured out where beanstalk park is too... Just above cookie country. (GreenKirby213 (talk) 18:29, February 15, 2013 (UTC))
- The developers don't put that much thought into locations between games, unless they're sequels. Nintendo doesn't think about where Onion Ocean is in relation to Butter Building. All we can do is guess, and that's not good enough to go on a wiki. NerdyBoutKirby Thanks, Bill. 23:41, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
- That's true... But it's too bad... Some games show you... Like popopo islands in south sea... GreenKirby213 (talk) 19:07, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
I have heard alot of rumors, but does anyone actually know the name of the game coming out soon? GreenKirby213 (talk) 15:14, April 11, 2013 (UTC)
What is PAL, anyway?
The release dates on game pages have various flags representing countries -- for Japan and for the US. There's also for the PAL region, and for Australia. I read on Wikipedia that the PAL region contains, like, 50 countries, which includes Australia. It also contains Europe. So... why does Australia need its own template? Why doesn't Europe get its own template, too? I'm very confused. NerdyBoutKirby Wheeee 17:59, August 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Perhaps Australia gets its own flag because of the fact not all games within the PAL region get accepted into Australia. Isn't that the country that banned violent video games? It would'nt be correct in stating that a game like Mortal Kombat is within the PAL region when Australia does not get access to that game. This is the only thing that would possibly make sense as to why Australia gets its own flag. Meta Kirby52 It's all mine! 20:24, August 22, 2013 (UTC)
Hey guys, long time no see! I'm back to check in on things with the advent of Kirby Triple Deluxe. My first reaction-- what on earth happened to the images? I've browsed a few pages and I've noticed that quite a few pages have broken image links on them. Bat, for example, isn't displaying any images for me. I've tried checking the wiki on different browsers and nothing is loading. Is this connected with that new "[Fluid]" business, or was there an exodus/ purge of our archive? Perhaps it's just a minor glitch and it'll be back to normal in a day or two. Either way, some answers would be a big help help now. See you guys around! EmptyStar (talk) 20:27, January 10, 2014 (UTC)
- And sure enough just like that everything is displaying for me again. Haha wonderful. Man do I look like an idiot now. Disregard all of this. =)
I've been thinking it over, and we should really add 'Appearances' sections to all character articles — y'know, like on Scarfy's page. It doesn't make sense to only give such a section to certain enemies, after all, does it? This will be my next major project. For those who wish to help, Appearances sections go directly above Trivia sections. Be sure to use Template:Debut for debuts and Template:LAp for latest appearances. When mentioning KRBaY, tell the episode the character appeared in (unless there are several episodes with that character).
- I see you recently edited the Appearances section on Gordo's article... isn't that section kind of redundant because of the In the Games section? That section not only lists all of the games Gordo is in, but it also describes how it acts and what it does. Kirpow (talk) 21:14, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Not true. In some games, the enemy does the same actions/movements. Therefore, it would be actually redundant to include that In the Games section. For example, Waddle Dees in KDL act the same in KDL2, so it wouldn't make sense to include KDL2. Appearances cover every game they have been in. Meta Kirby52 It's all mine! 22:12, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, for some enemies, I think the exact issue you're addressing is resolved by putting "this enemy acts the same as in the past game" or something like that. I agree it's redundant, but it seems even more so to have a list of the games and what they do in the games, as well as another list of games. Kirpow (talk) 22:51, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
- So, having a long list of games that an enemy such as Gordo has, and then putting "This enemy acts the same as past game" would cover more than 4. You want to know how that would look? (Obviously leaving out section titles)
- Gordo acts the same as the past game.
- Gordo acts the same as the past game.
- Gordo acts the same as the past game.
- Gordo acts the same as the past game.
- Whereas, if we did the appearances section, it would look more refined and neater, rather than just having "Gordo acts the same as the past game" for many games. If you have any complaints or something else, I suggest you direct them on NBK's page, as he originally asked. All we are doing right now is having a pointless war stemmed from two different opinions...which quite frankly isn't getting us anywhere. Meta Kirby52 It's all mine! 01:13, February 24, 2014 (UTC)
I had the exact thought, NBK. I noticed that the Scarfy page was a bit of an outlier with this.
Anyway everyone, a good place to start would be Regular enemy, just go down the list and convert pages that haven't been changed yet! That makes it a lot easier. --Giokutalkuser 02:17, February 24, 2014 (UTC)
Seven Days 'til Kirby Wiki's Death
Four words: Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). If my research is correct, we have until March 19 to stop the bill from passing. That's seven days to get about 95,000 signatures. It won't happen, I tell ya. Enjoy the last seven days of Kirby Wiki's life. Twil be shut down. Sign here if you're interested in editing past the deadline.
- Excuse me? How would the Wikia be shut down? We aren't "pirating" anything. We aren't "selling" information. We're here to distribute info on a game. If they shut us down, then they have to shut down Wikipedia as well. If they shut down Wikipedia, then the internet will be in chaos.
- Furthermore, didn't SOPA already fail? Like, three years ago?
- If this actually is true, then all this work, all of our struggles for this Wikia was in vain? How could you, out of all people give up so easily? You've been here the longest, worked the hardest, stuck with us through the thick and thin. And now, you just want to leave it all to burn... I sincerely hope this is some sort of joke on your part.
- Meta Kirby52 It's all 19:12, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
- sigh*...I guess I should've clicked on that link, beforehand. Sorry about my venting, NBK. I've just had a really tough day...this was the last thing I needed to hear about. We're at 6,163 votes now as of this typing. I...I just really hope this doesn't pass. I hope that more people hear about it. The people at the White House have officially gone crazy. The internet denizens themselves will go crazy if this happens, and I have a strong feeling Anonymous will perform another one of their infamous raids, if this does indeed happen...I hope it doesn't come to that. Again, I offer my apologies, NBK. Meta Kirby52 It's all 19:21, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
- What are you guys on about, lol. SOPA despite all its ugliness, has little to do with wikis. Do you really think sites like Wikipedia just get shut down? No. Same goes for us. SOPA is a US-wide legislation, worst come to worst a for-profit company like Wikia would migrate servers offshore and barely bat an eyelid. Poyo! 21:34, March 12, 2014 (UTC)
Yep, I'm going to have to call a non-issue on this, for several reasons. Concerned at first, I brought it up at Nintendolife, and got this response:
- Gioku wrote:
- One of the other admins at the Kirby Wiki (NerdyBoutKirby) seems genuinely concerned that Wikia (and consequently the Kirby Wiki) will 'die' in 7 days... because of SOPA...? Last time we had a 'SOPA Scare', everyone was talking about it; there were big protests by the likes of Google and Wikipedia... but I haven't heard anything about it this time, which leads me to wonder if he actually has something legit with this petition he's found... any of you guys know anything about this...? :/
- Uriel_PikpikVII wrote:
- Considering there's only one petition to stop it on Whitehouse.gov, I'm not worried. To put it in context, there were maybe 70 the last time SOPA came up.
So, a couple of points:
- Last time SOPA came up, it was everywhere. I couldn't go a day without hearing about it. There were big protests by Google and Wikipedia. This time, I literally have heard nothing. This is the first I've heard of this.
- Second, to put this in perspective, as Uriel_PikpikVII points out, last time there were around 70 petitions, this time there is only the one. This alone leads me to question this.
- That's is a MAJOR relief. Thanks for putting this into perspective. (Though I may have preferred it if you hadn't stuck my name in there... and said I "throw in the towel very easily." =\) NerdyBoutKirby Has a PhD in adorableness. 21:48, March 12, 2014 (UTC)