Kirby: Squeak Squad artwork
Tedhaun is a mid-boss in Kirby: Squeak Squad that gives Kirby the Ghost ability. Tedhaun cannot be encountered by Kirby unless he has collected and assembled the Ghost Medal, the pieces of which must be found in various Treasure Chests throughout Dream Land. Once the Ghost Medal is completed, Tedhaun will appear for the first time to replace the following mid-bosses.
- Stage 3 of Prism Plains: Mr. Frosty will be replaced.
- Stage 2 of Cushy Cloud: Boxy will be replaced.
- Stage 4 of Jam Jungle: Buboo will be replaced.
- Stage 4 of Ice Island: Boxy will be replaced.
- Stage 8 of Gamble Galaxy: Mr. Frosty will be replaced.
Currently, Tedhaun is the only source of the rare Ghost ability, besides performing a default Mix of double Sleep or using the Ability bubble in the Secret Area after finding all the Secret Map pieces. It is also the only mid-boss in the series that must be unlocked before it can be fought.
Tedhaun is a large bluish ghost (grayish in-game). It has a single eye and wears a malicious grin on its face. A plum-colored wizard's hat with a dark purple star in the middle sits atop the ghost's head.
Tedhaun doesn't have any attacks of its own per se, but it can create and manipulate smaller Tedhaun Jrs. that circle and follow it, but they can't be copied. In a way, Tedhaun's minions act as the stars other mid-bosses create to swallow and fire back at the boss. It can also immobilize Kirby by grabbing onto him and have a Tedhaun Jr. come and charge into him, making Tedhaun a challenging foe to defeat. However, it can easily be beaten with an ability that allows Kirby to pass through foes unharmed -- namely ones like Tornado and Hi-Jump.
Tedhaun's name is an anagram of the word "haunted" (specifically the first and last syllables switched).
- Tedhaun can be encountered before the game is over, as the Ghost Medal can be finished in stage 2 of Gamble Galaxy and it replaces Mr. Frosty in stage 8 of of the same level.