Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land screenshot
|A place in|
|Theme||Mountains and underground caverns|
|Common enemies||Axe Knight, Blade Knight, Blipper, Bomber, Bounder, Bronto Burt, Bubbles, Cappy, Chilly, Coner, Cool Spook, Dygclops, Flamer, Gip, Glunk, Gordo, Hot Head, Kabu, Laser Ball, Needlous, Parasol, Parasol Waddle Dee, Pengi, Poppy Bros. Jr., Rocky, Scarfy, Shotzo, Sir Kibble, Sparky, Squishy, Starman, Sword Knight, Togezo, Trident Knight, Twister, Twizzy, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, Wheelie|
|Mid-bosses||Bonkers, Fire Lion|
|“||Just when you thought you'd reached the top of this world, you'll find your-self hurled down into the heart of a maze of mountain-piercing caverns!”|
|— Instruction manual description • Kirby's Adventure|
Kirby exhaustedly climbs up a tall mountain to grab the Maxim Tomato at the top. When he gets there, he triumphantly holds the tomato above his head but loses his grip and it goes rolling off of the mountain. Kirby tries to chase it but trips and rolls off himself.
This intro is the same in both versions of the game, but in Kirby's Adventure, there was a sign that says "TOP."
Yogurt Yard could be considered the most geographically diverse level in Kirby's Adventure. This is because the level not only takes place on and around an immense mountain, but also deep inside it. Best seen from the cutscenes in Revenge of Meta Knight, Yogurt Yard is large, brown, and pyramid-shaped. It is also shown to have large cascading waterfalls and large red forests as seen in Kirby's Adventure. King Dedede positioned Heavy Mole here during the events of Kirby's Adventure, who serves as the boss. Heavy Mole was responsible for carving out the expansive tunnel systems here before he was destroyed.
Yogurt Yard has a total of six stages and features every sub-game in the game. It has a Crane Fever room (replaced by a Bomb Rally room in the remake), an Egg Catcher room (replaced with an Air Grind room), and a Quick Draw room. It also has a Museum featuring Rocky and Twister, and an Arena featuring Bonkers.
There are four Switches in Yogurt Yard:
- Stage 1: In the room where Kirby is falling, there is a door on the bottom on top of a Star Block platform. Destroy the platform to gain access to a lower area. Near the left side of the room, the Star Blocks are obscuring a door. Destroy them to reveal it.
- Stage 4: After defeating the Meta-Knights, Kirby will enter a room with many waterfalls. One of them will have an arch, as it is partially obscuring a door (this is made more obvious in the remake). Enter the door to enter yet another room. Enter the first door to the right.
- Stage 5: In the first room, fall down the gap nearby the first Sir Kibble. Below him is a door. Inside there is a cannon, a Hot Head, and a Starman. There are two ways to do this: 1. Inhale the Hot Head, light the fuse, get rid of Fire, inhale the Starman, use Hi-Jump to break through the Star Blocks and enter the cannon before the fuse burns out. 2. Wait for the Starman to come nearby, inhale it, jump over the Hothead, destroy the blocks with Hi-Jump, get rid of Hi-Jump, inhale the Hothead, light the fuse, and run for the cannon. Upon being blasted, Kirby will land on the switch (has to be pressed manually in the remake).
- Stage 6: Before going to this stage, go to the Arena to obtain Hammer. After getting Hammer, trek through the level until Kirby reaches the third room. Go into the door on the island. Destroy the coral blocks (Metal Blocks in the remake) and Star Blocks, revealing a door.
|The following section contains transcluded content from the Database. Source: (view • edit • help)|
|Theme - Yogurt Yard|
- The music for this level appears in Kirby's Dream Land 2 in the level Red Canyon.
- A remix of the music is used for Growth Grasses in Kirby: Canvas Curse, Stage 4 of Fine Fields in Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Stage 6 of Patched Plains in Kirby: Planet Robobot and during the fight with Parallel Landia in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe.